A Chicago TCS gathering?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so the 23rd it is!!! Mark your Calendars, everyone!

April 23rd
1pm
Nookies Tree Restaurant
3334 N Halsted St
Chicago, IL

I have it marked in iCalendar on the mac... and have it set up so that it'll remind me one week before... that way I'll post a reminder here, probably in a new topic.

Hopefully I don't get called to do an interview out of town right at that time... I don't wanna change it again!! It's a Sunday, so I should be okay... I just hope i get called at all!!

So, how many of us will there be?

Amanda

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread, but is it too late to count me in?
I'm in Villa Park...just a short distance from downtown! And I'm actually in town that week!! (All the good stuff tends to happen when I'm out of town, so I'm really excited.)

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Less than a month away, now! That will be totally fun, to meet everyone and compare kitty stories! Is anyone else really excited about this...but worried something will come up so you can't go?!?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I just saw this thread, but is it too late to count me in?
I'm in Villa Park...just a short distance from downtown! And I'm actually in town that week!! (All the good stuff tends to happen when I'm out of town, so I'm really excited.)
Of course it's not too late to count you in...see you there!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I'll be there!

That place does tend to get packed on Sundays...just FYI.
Yes it does. We may have to wait a bit for a table. Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can hang outside and chat while waiting!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my Californian roots coastal tradition: I'M TOTALLY STOKED, DUDE!

Okay, so i'm being silly. Let me put it this way: the only thing that could pull me from this gathering is some job interview out of town... and with my luck, I doubt that'll happen. Never know, but still... I'm not putting much stock in an interview.

I'll be there will bells on... no seriously... I have bells... I can wear them. I used to wear them on my Ren Faire dress. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people...

Hmm... why am I acting so strangely... I've had no coffee in over a week (had stomach flu a week ago... blech), I'm not ON anything... I had to close the windows because I was getting too cold... was really hoping it was warm enough... feh. I'm just weird. Period. I really don't always act like this in person. Well, sometimes i do... anyway...

What was I talking about? Bells? AH yes... we'll see.

Amanda

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm Jealous, I just found this thread,and I'd totaly make the commute from Milwaukee, but Sunday's are my shelter day. So if you guys ever decide to do a meeting on a Saturday let me know I'll make the drive.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Yes it does. We may have to wait a bit for a table. Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can hang outside and chat while waiting!
it can't be any worse than Tempo on a Sunday afternoon. I waited for an hour and never got a table. Of course, my poetry group never showed either... so I sat there and waited... by myself... pished off. I don'tlike flakes, except in my cereal bowl (I run four groups on Meetup.com: three writing groups and a Feng Shui group). I never did get to eat there.

Hopefully it should be fine.

Amanda

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Should I bring you a kitten, Amanda?!?! (Just kidding, they will only be about 6 weekd old!)
Yeah... go ahead and TEASE me, why don't you...

Okay... I told myself I'd take my ancient laptop over to Gourmand and write... and I still haven't done it.(I'd rather do that outside my apartment, as there's construction crews next door and they're REALLY loud and annoying. Did groceries, inquired at the sales office about who the heck my new landlord is, played a million games of computer solitaire (and lost most of them, darnit) while trying to find a new one that doesn't crash on me. Set up a chat room for our meetup organizer group... lessee...

what I NEED to do is finish my d*** novel, work on websites, and clean. Well, I have tomorrow, huh.

Amanda