A Challenge to all you catpersons...

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Let's all get together and write a Christmas cat story. I'll start it off and everyone can add a piece on;whether it be a sentence or several. As often as you like...but leave the story open for others to create. You can take any direction you want. C'mon all you frustrated writers out there...

The silver moon rode across the night sky..probing through the scudding clouds with luminous fingers. The dark trees raised their limbs in mute adoration to mistress moon and cast long wierd shadows on the ground.

Through the shadows flitted a small black shape;hurrying,scurrying,scampering atop the garden wall. Two round yellow eyes scan the moonlit scene.....

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The silver moon rode across the night sky..probing through the scudding clouds with luminous fingers. The dark trees raised their limbs in mute adoration to mistress moon and cast long wierd shadows on the ground.

Through the shadows flitted a small black shape;hurrying,scurrying,scampering atop the garden wall. Two round yellow eyes scan the moonlit scene.....
There, by the brittle wall, stood an elm with thick, endless branches that soared over the mansions property. In a glance his effortless jaunt vaulted him to the highest branch which separated him from the many others in his colony. His fur was covered in frost, his sight clear as the nite sky and he listened intently for...

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
....any noise he could fine. But it was silent. There was no wind, no sounds from other creatures, no sound at all. It was bitter cold and there wasn't a warm shelter for him to find anywhere. He jumped down off the branch and....

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.....scurried towards a distant light he saw dimly shining in the cold, bitter night. Upon arriving he..........

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There, by the brittle wall, stood an elm with thick, endless branches that soared over the mansions property. In a glance his effortless jaunt vaulted him to the highest branch which separated him from the many others in his colony. His fur was covered in frost, his sight clear as the nite sky and he listened intently for any noise he could find. But it was silent. There was no wind, no sounds from other creatures, no sound at all. It was bitter cold and there wasn't a warm shelter for him to find anywhere. He jumped down off the branch and headed towards the mansion.

His inate curiosity was his beacon. Closing in on the property, he roused the energy from his empty stomach to move on. There had to be food nearby. His heightened sense of vulnerability came much quicker in the nite; but his pangs of hunger overcompensated his fear.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Then he saw it. A creature scurrying under a bush. Should he try to chase it? Yes! He crept up to the bush silently and then......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
117 visitors to this thread and only 2 have any nerve!?? Come On Folks...don't be chicken.
:chicken: SURELY you are not going to wait for the thread to collapse so you can say "I could've done it but...". let's get our thinking caps on here...NO GIRLS,I didn't say drinking cups....

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There, by the brittle wall, stood an elm with thick, endless branches that soared over the mansions property. In a glance his effortless jaunt vaulted him to the highest branch which separated him from the many others in his colony. His fur was covered in frost, his sight clear as the nite sky and he listened intently for any noise he could find. But it was silent. There was no wind, no sounds from other creatures, no sound at all. It was bitter cold and there wasn't a warm shelter for him to find anywhere. He jumped down off the branch and headed towards the mansion.

His inate curiosity was his beacon. Closing in on the property, he roused the energy from his empty stomach to move on. There had to be food nearby. His heightened sense of vulnerability came much quicker in the nite; but his pangs of hunger overcompensated his fear.

Then he saw it. A creature scurrying under a bush. Should he try to chase it? Yes! He crept up to the bush silently and then
His tail swished and swayed quickly as the rear chassiais of his body wigggled….one…two and ….â€POUNCEâ€â€¦..

"No,no said the little mouse..please donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t eat me!" He jumped straight up and back terrified…he had never heard a mouse talk! His Mom's always provided food, but he was alone now. She has been gone for days. His stomach weakened and his knees were faltering.

"Look here, said the little mouse. If you let me go..Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll show you where thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a feast"!. Hmmmm...looking at the mouse he saw that he was indeed quite plump and his offer couldn't be dismissed, as it was more than just one meal.

"Okay" said the little kitty, but I will be taking you as my prisoner until you show me my treasure." The mouse agreed as the little kitty held onto the scruff of the mouses neck. The mouse's directions couldn't be more exact; his little heart racing and body quiverred at the horrific thought of what would've be his fate!

The little kitty moved his way through the snow, but he was not going to let the mouse free without seeing this feast!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...they walked for what seemed was miles. The cat was tiring quickly as he hadn't had a meal in nearly 2 days. The mouse had to continually stop just to wait for the cat. They finally approached an old barn. It was pitch black, but rustling could be heard from within. The mouse quickly went in a small hole in the wall, but the cat was much to big to fit. So he went up to the door and tried to squeeze through the crack. Once inside, he couldn't believe his eyes. He saw.....

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
. . . .Martha Stewart! "Good, you brought the cat," said a human female from behind an edifice of flower arrangements and strange-smelling bowls of — well, of just what the bemused cat wasn't sure. "See?" whispered the little mouse. "Whenever this person wants to have an animal around for a special program, she sends me out to find one." Looking about in amazement at all the strange unnatural contraptions with smooth black vines coming from them, the cat perceived a presence of food amongst this clutter of foreign objects. "I told the cat about the food," the mouse announced loudly.

Appearing suddenly before the confused cat, a human female with a skating-mom haircut and beady eyes bent ever so slightly toward him and said, "Now, if you're a good cat and do as I say you'll have plenty to eat and drink — in about two hours." Two hours! How can a cat wait two hours, when in the proximity of food? What strange task would be required of him? And why was this human, whose assistant is a mouse, here in an old barn with bright lights and furry things on the ends of metal sticks? Looking over at the mouse, the cat said to no one in particular, "What a curious situation."

=^..^=

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The mouse agreed, it was a curious situation indeed. But he had seen it many times before with other animals and the mouse was sure this cat would be happy once he understood exactly how it all works.
So, he told the cat to stay in that room and relax. And he promised that once again, after the cat completed his "task", he would be well compensated with food and drink. The only thing that the cat wanted now was to find out exactly what would be expected of him before he would be fed. He was just letting his mind wander when in walked Martha and told him he would have to.....

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mouse agreed, it was a curious situation indeed. But he had seen it many times before with other animals and the mouse was sure this cat would be happy once he understood exactly how it all works.
So, he told the cat to stay in that room and relax. And he promised that once again, after the cat completed his "task", he would be well compensated with food and drink. The only thing that the cat wanted now was to find out exactly what would be expected of him before he would be fed. He was just letting his mind wander when in walked Martha and told him he would have to.....
--------------------------------------------------------------
fit into a basket filled with ribbons and silly girly stuff!

Ummmm...well how long am I going to have to stay in here? He was nervous his fur standing straight up on his back. One more thing too! How do you know how to speak in cat and mouse language?? “Well, little one, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m the infamous Martha Stewart, laughing heartily. I can do anything!†Ha ha ha ha ha! Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t worry kitty, I understand you perfectly (just like everything else I do) and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll have you fed in an hour! Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re getting ready to do my TV Show...be patient we've only just a few more preparations.

The little kitty was totally impressed and he stepped into the basket while she decorated him in silk ribbons and satin bows. What a woman he thought. Just like my Mom...Well, in a strange sort of way. No sense backing out now; after all, the little mouse was not too far from his sight!

After a half hour of his fur being tugged and fitted with bows, Martha gave him a ...

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
....a big red and white candy cane. She put it gently between his front paws. As she turned her back to get the last prop he would need, he stuck out his tongue and took a lick. Peppermint! He was startled by the taste and wasnt' sure if he liked it or not. She turned around once more and gave him one last bow on his head and then proceeded to tell him that the taping of her show would begin.
He was nervous, but he tried to keep calm. He watched the cameraman and all the other people prepare for the taping. The lights went on, the set was ready. Then the cat took a look to the right of the set and much to his surprise he saw a ..........

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by dtolle
....a big red and white candy cane. She put it gently between his front paws. As she turned her back to get the last prop he would need, he stuck out his tongue and took a lick. Peppermint! He was startled by the taste and wasnt' sure if he liked it or not. She turned around once more and gave him one last bow on his head and then proceeded to tell him that the taping of her show would begin.
He was nervous, but he tried to keep calm. He watched the cameraman and all the other people prepare for the taping. The lights went on, the set was ready. Then the cat took a look to the right of the set and much to his surprise he saw a ..........
...huge Golden Retriever Dog!! With those masses of long, curly, golden red hair, and the lights shining behind him, the dog looked eerie and somehow not of this world. The fur on the cat's back began to rise amidst all of the froo-froo that Martha had used to make his costume. He hissed and spit to let the dog know he was prepared to fight if he had to, but not to come too close and everything would be alright.

"All I wanna do is eat, big, dumb Doggie, so you just stay over there, and I'll stay over here. I wanna get this shoot in one take so I can fill my empty belly. Then I'll just be moving right along and leaving you to all this frippery.", said the cat with eyes shaped in slits of pure yellow menace.

Much to the cat's surprise, the dog padded over to the basket, stuck his long, pointy nose (which strongly resembled Martha's own nose!!) right in the cat's face and said...

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.......don't be so frightened my furry feline friend. For I was once in your shoes too - tired,hungry and all alone. ..........

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At that moment, the cameraman counted backwards 10, 9, 8, the little kitty's eyes moved swiftly side to side 7, 6, the dog just inches away...5, oh no..what's gonna happen...4, 3, 2...he took a deep breath and 1! With a clamoring sound the lights where turned on so bright and beamed down bright on his black coat...the ribbons were adorned on him that his presence filled Martha Stewarts kitchen with new meaning! He could see how they gasped with pleasure as they looked at him so beautifully trimmed in red and gold bows. He held his head high, looked into the camera and gave a proud...."Rrrreoww" and began to purr. He even stretched his neck over the edge of the basket and touched his nose to the doggie!

"Welcome to the show, said Martha and this is my little kitty named ..."

shawna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
... At this point, the kitty thought he'd been hungry and all alone in the wilderness too long so he must be halucinating. As if on cue, Martha morphed into the Good Things faerie then finally a yappy little cocker spaniel and all of sudden the giant candycane and television set vanished before his very kitty eyes leaving him...

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...underneath the mansion's window. He must've walked through the snow all the way from the elm in delerium. The only thing that must've been real was that loud "rrrrrroew" he thought he let out in the camera on the Martha Stewert Show. Dazed, he cried out "Rrrreow, rrreow...I'm so cold too, he thought. I'll never stay alive. All of a sudden a shadow behind the window curtains appeared. A small figure. He was scared, but was so ill he didn't dare move for fear it might see him. The window opened slowly and in it appeared a little girl. She beamed with delight as she spotted the little kitty. She reached down and...

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...and scooped him right up into her arms. He couldn't believe how warm she felt and how soft her hands were. She petted him under his chin and around his ears. Oh, it felt so good to have someone to love him. But then he heard other voices, it must be her parents! Would they make her put him back outside or would she be able to keep him? Just as he was wondering what was going to happen to him, he heard a gentle voice say "Katie, what is that you have there?" Katie was the little girls name. She turned to show her mom the kitty. Her mom looked at him, scrawny, dirty. She immediately said....

buttercup429

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Put that flea bag back where you found it! You don't know where it's been! It could have rabies for all you know!" So the little cat was left cold and all alone again; wondering if he would ever find someone who would look past the dirty fur and see his true worth. Could anyone love a dirty, scrawny cat like him? If someone would just give him a chance he knew he would make the best lap warmer ever! That's when he saw . . .