A Cat Adopted Us Without Our Consent

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you are taking care of him and there aren't any serious conditions. The poor old guy deserves to spend his last years in comfort. Bless you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ameliashuman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After a day of living in our home Neil is coming out for pets and is playing a little. The other cats are curious, but don't like when both my husband and I are with Neil, then they start meowing for us to come out. IMG_20170902_170646476.jpg IMG_20170902_164431809.jpg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just catching up on this story, and it's really heartwarming. What a gorgeous boy. :redheartpump:

ameliashuman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would update, Neil is enjoying his new home he especially likes being stroked right at the base of the tail, we get kneeding and contented flopping over when we do this! He's seen both our cats with some hissing but mostly he meows at them. Charlie the cat is frightened of him (despite being twice as big) and Amelia is pretending like Neil doesn't exist.

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks so happy and relaxed. Hopefully he and Charlie can become friends.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neil is soooo handsome and looks so happy too! :kneading: If I try to stroke my orange cat at the base of his tail, he bites me. :crackup: Just a "love bite", of course.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Just thought I would update, Neil is enjoying his new home he especially likes being stroked right at the base of the tail, we get kneeding and contented flopping over when we do this! He's seen both our cats with some hissing but mostly he meows at them. Charlie the cat is frightened of him (despite being twice as big) and Amelia is pretending like Neil doesn't exist.
IMG_3321.GIF
and we have a special thread for him and you can post his photos here in Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw this thread and wondered the same thing... how is he doing? Great story, by the way. I love it when we geriatrics's come up winners!

I told a vet one time when I had acquired yet another feral " the last thing I needed was another cat" but the doctor looked up from the exam and simply said " but he needed you"

Let us know

ameliashuman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's doing very well, acts like our shadow and just always wants to be with my husband or myself. We've had problems with him not freaking out (or peeing) every time he saw one of the other cats. However antidepressants have helped tremendously and he was recently tested for hyperthyroidism, we'll get the lab results next week. So it's been rough at times, but he is such a sweetheart that if I could do it over, I would take him in even sooner.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas Neil and a happy new year... oh to your folks too!

I love threads with good endings! I'm sure Neil does too....you folks did a great thing!