a Bitter Sweet Saturday at the Shelter

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went to help out at the Cat's Welfare Society of Israel (CWSI - Cat's Shelter ).
It was busy busy busy!!! not a common sight at the shelter, and we were all thrilled. By the end of the day we had 6 adoptions!!!!! all kittens. It was wonderful, but very sad to see the kittens and cats that were left behind... The shelter is packed with kittens, and they all simply crave for love and attention, and it breaks your heart.

So we found a home for 2 gray & white kittens, a ginger one, a tabby one and two more tri-colors girls!

One of the ladies that came in, went to the adult cats adoption room, and notice this furry prince, sitting quietly at the corner of the room. she was so convinced its her cat, that she had us make some research. What we found out was sad... This cat was declawed, and soon after, his owner passed away. He's a wonderful creatur - very friendly, and has the body lauguage of a Ragdoll (lays like a baby in your hands, his head tipped back, purring...). this lady was a bit dissapointed, but didn't want to adopt him anyway - because she has many other cats, and a declawed cat can't defend itself.
So by the end of the day I left the shelter with mixed feelings: we found a home for 6 new kittens, but so many were left behind... I guess we need to be happy, and keep doing our best!!!

Have a great week, everyone!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is great that so many kitties found homes, i feel really bad for the ones that didn't but hopefully you will keep getting more and more business!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nunny, I'm so happy for those kittens who found homes. It's a shame about the adult cat! I give you so much credit ofr helping in the shelter. I think bittersweet is a perfect word for your job. I give you all the credit in the world for what you do. "Smiles among the tears."

gurlpower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nunny, the kittens are always the first to go during adoption drives. i learned that volunteering in adoption drives.

Thanks for helping out, and stay sweet. Take care, Nunny!

Smiles and Cheers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Girls, thanks for the encouragements, it means a lot to me!

I hope next this following week will bring more good news. We'll see Friday when I go there again...

I will keep you posted!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nunny thank you for sharing this. It helps my research as well.