A Bit of a Rant...Feeling Overwhelmed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How do you find your resident cats handle it? Obviously they all have to be separated and I worry that my two would feel put out by the room taken over.

I have four "resident" cats...2 are 2-yr. old adults & the other 2 are barely 6-months...kept from fostering. All except for Ashley (femal adult Persian) love having the babies here. I keep the fosters in a cage...will try take a picture of it & post...the word "cage" has such a bad connotation. If there are 2 litters being fostered at the same time (rare) I keep them in 2 seperate cages for health reasons. With the little ones in cages, the resident cats still have free reign in the room. Of course, if the fosters are newborns...they stay in a large box with towels & blankets...no cage.

If there is a will...there is a way...it can be done.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loveysmummy - my two cats don't tolerate each other, never mind newcomers, so my fosters have to be kept separate the majority of the time. I currently have a foster in the bathroom - mine is rather small though, so more ideal for quiet, elderly or recuperating cats (unlike the mad 2 year old currently in there!!), so that is something to think about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A few pics. of the cages for foster babies:

On one side of the cage, I always place a small carboard box lined with a towel and hang an old t-shirt 1/2 way over the top...it gives them a sense of security.

On the other side of the cage is another cardboard box that has a plastic baking pan in it filled with kitten litter...I try to extend this to the outside of the cage so the little ones learn cats are clean and they are cats

To the side, I have a bowl of water and another bowl for wet/dry food mixed. I throw a bunch of little toys in the cage...mice, balls, rolled-up socks & a straw for them to teeth on & play with.

Hmmmm...that cage is starting to look very inviting. Fresh food, water & soft place to sleep...maybe I can squeeze myself in there

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, OK! Not a cage, cage but a playroom so to speak..That looks like some kind of shelving turned on its side??? I may look into this fostering program at my shelter.
If I had a set up like you, it seems perfect for the little ones...

Thanks for the pics!! That does indeed look ultra comfy