A beautiful but (maybe) old lady!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This  is Sassy.  She belonged to some people who moved out of an apartment and asked their neighbor to find their cats new homes.  They succeeded with some, but failed with Sassy, so they brought her to the shelter.

She has been very withdrawn and sad looking, and I noticed her food bowl looked untouched and her litter box was perfectly clean.  To me, that said she was starving.

I gave her a few soft treats, and she willingly ate them, so I volunteered to bring her home and try make her both fat and Sassy!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, what a beautiful, sweet lady! And God bless you for giving her at least a temporary home. If she was with the family for a while she was probably grieving and you gave her a family to help her recover. I so admire how you and others on this site can foster...I'm afraid I would end up with 30 cats because I would fall in love with all of them and not want to let them go. 

So, is she "sassy"? As in talks a lot? She looks like she would be very vocal.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are such a wonderful cat lover!  I'm sure she was confused and scared at the shelter.  I know she'll become even more beautiful with some good TLC from you and your wife.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was led to believe she was fairly young, but I would say she is fairly elderly. I think she has dental problems.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
She is just gorgeous... good on you, mrblanche.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's really beautiful and I'm sure she will blossom in your care.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She had piddled in the litter box before I left for work last night, and Dottie said there was more in it this morning, in addition to some fairly normal looking solid deposits. That alleviates to some extent my worst fears.

She is fairly shy, but she likes attention.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, what a beautiful, sweet lady! And God bless you for giving her at least a temporary home. If she was with the family for a while she was probably grieving and you gave her a family to help her recover. I so admire how you and others on this site can foster...I'm afraid I would end up with 30 cats because I would fall in love with all of them and not want to let them go. 

So, is she "sassy"? As in talks a lot? She looks like she would be very vocal
 Aww, bless you. I know she will do much better in your care.  Funny, when Angel & I are out ,w/ him on his harness & he's not ready to come in yet,

(usually after 30-40 min. for me) & I have to bring him in, I sometimes get hissed at to let me know how he is feeling. When he does this, I call him

"McSassy, or sassafras!"

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is indeed beautiful, but sad looking.  I am sure that will change with a family to love and spoil her. 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she looks exhausted, poor girl. But she's got a safe place to relax in now, and as much food as she wants.

Here's my vote for the "spoil her rotten" option! :)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful girl!

From the picture she looks on the older side, but it could be that it is because she is thin and hasn't been taken care of.  She looks at least 10 years from the picture.  But beautiful, non-the-less.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's gorgeous! Despite her age, do you think she'll get adopted because she's "pretty"?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have my doubts about her getting adopted. I'd like to find a rescue for her. There is a Siamese rescue on the north side of Dallas. I suspect t if I take her back to the shelter, she will go back to starving.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she really is Siamese, perhaps she'll be long-lived as Siamese often are. That could be a selling point. Anyway, even if she's ten or older, she's just old, not sick. She's got some time left.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We often find homes for older cats.. People actually come looking for them.  Is that not the case where you are, mrblanche?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We occasionally have folks looking for older cats.  But we always have more than we can place.

But the little lady is 100% better today.  I haven't seen her since Wednesday, because I had a trip to south Texas, but Dottie has been feeding her.

She has a floor-shaking purr and loves attention.  And she's one of those cats who have the "happy tail," a tail that fluffs out when they're happy.