A bad scare!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow sorry you are home sick, but I am sure you glad you were!!!
Pria was probably looking in the window wondering why she was out there and you were inside enjoying your lunch
. So glad you saw your girl

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Chester is afraid of everything and if anything comes near the door he hides. Imagine my surprise when one day I was coming in and he ran past me into the hallway.

He was half way to the elevator before I could get him to come back in.

At first I just froze because I was so surprised. Then I had to think of a way to get him back in. I can't run and he runs when I try to pick him up. Then I decided to get the treats and entice him back in.

Then I started thinking about how I was going to keep the door open while I went for the treats. If it slammed shut it would scare him more and cut off his way back in.

Finally I just dropped my stuff and it held the door open so I could get in and get the treats.

True it would have been worse if he was outside but it scared me to think of what could have happened. One of the neighbors could have got off the elevator with a dog. Not all the dogs in this building like cats.

Now I am very careful when I come in the door.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty bolted out the door one morning a couple of years ago. She made is just to the dirt area and stopped. The ground was wet and frosty. She kinda look perplexed and I told her to get back into the apartment. She came running back in. She did not like the frosty ground.

She now will run to the screen door when she sees the stray cat that hangs around. She does not like that cat one bit!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tex is my door darter. I can't come and go through the front door - he is fast fast fast and WILL zip past me. Last time he climbed a 30 foot spruce tree!
but came down on his own. He was cold and all alone. Don't think he liked that, but it doesn't stop him from trying to get out there to go after the birds and squirrels.