9weeks & still no kittens or nesting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newcatmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I read somewhere that a light belly rub can help bring the labor process along, not sure how true this is but I gave it a go. Kitty never really liked her tummy being touched so I started on her side, next minute, she rolled completely on her back, started purring, slowly grabbing at the air & gave me this look of "where have you been all my life" it was the cutest darn thing!

newcatmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitty is in active labour! It's 11:45am..

newcatmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5 black & white kittens! she seemes to have gone into labor again this morning, is this possible? panting, passing, restless, meowing & very affectionate. she is eating, drinking & caring for her babies though. could there be one more to go?

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recall another member once posting that sometimes there can be a break of several hours between deliveries, though I think it's normally not more than an hour. Have you felt her tummy to check for another kitten?

Also, though, yay! Can't wait to see pics!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I recall another member once posting that sometimes there can be a break of several hours between deliveries, though I think it's normally not more than an hour. Have you felt her tummy to check for another kitten?

Also, though, yay! Can't wait to see pics!
yes, breaks of several hours inbetween arent that uncommon.  sometimes evn several days, if the first borne was premature.

If the mom is NOT in active labor inbetween, or apparently in distress, you dont need to panic.

Good luck!

newcatmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok no "extra" kittens, I think it must have been the heat or possibly she was a little anxious about her new litter. She is doing wonderful though :) kittens are lovely & fluffy & act

newcatmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a little update from a proud mumma of a very proud mumma cat :) kittens are doing great, feeding well & so very adorable! Kitty is a very proud mummy, doing an amazing job. I was shocked at how trusting she is of me around her litter, at times it feels like she wants me around her 24/7! She seems more relaxed when im sitting by her bedside, either that or she is just enjoying the admiration ;)
Thank you all for all your support & information. Any further information & guidance for the following months of raising kitties would be muchly appreciated :) thanks again guys!!

newcatmumma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, not sure if anyone remembers me but our young cat had her 5 black & white kittens end of last month. The kittens are doing great, all their eyes are open, they are walking (wobbling), they are even starting to interact with each other.
I have been feeding kitty (mum) a premium kitten food, she has 4-5 100g packets a day with biscuits always available. She is still looking rather skinny though. I have been giving her kitten milk also but can anyone recommend anything else to boost her weight? Or will it just take more time?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originall. She is still looking rather skinny though. I have been giving her kitten milk also but can anyone recommend anything else to boost her weight? Or will it just take more time?
Its NOW as the kittens ate most milk, and thus, the demand on her body is greatest NOW.

You can begin to learn them to beginand  eat some kitten food.  Royal canin baby cat is a OK dry food.   Otherwise, minced meat is a classical.

Or even baby food, Gerber stage one, chicken or turkey...

There are others too....

Observe, when they begin to eat on their own, their poo will change, mom will not longer be happy to clean it off. You must make a litter for them.

Use some shallow box, and non clumping litter.

For mom?   Goat milk with raw egg yolk is surely good.     If you do have problems with salomonella in eggs in your country, you CAN boil the eggs.

The nourishment is essentielly the same. But raw is easier to take in.   All the best receipts talk about raw egg yolk....

Crush the boiled egg yellow, and spread  in crumbles in with this goat milk.

If you dont have goat milk, you can use  plain, unsweetened yoghurt, full fat.   If necessary, you can melt in some butter too.

Adorable kittens!   Tx for this update!

Good luck!