9 year old cat vomits in the mornings

elmomax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Flagyl also comes in pill form. If you are giving only 1/4 pill twice a day, it is more manageable than the liquid. My cat  developed nasty symptoms with Flagyl and I had to discontinue using it.. She became spacey and unresponsive - very inactive and zombie like -- I stopped the Flagyl immediately and she was back to herself in about 24 hours.

Wish you the best with your cat - IBD is tough - I am battling it with my cat Zoey as well and still have not found a solution but I can no longer use Flagly for really bad diarrhea.

Erica l

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

girlycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitty Girl started urinating pure blood after the bout with ibd.  I took her to the vet and he diagnosed kidney stones, infection, etc and gave us an antibiotic. She started acting better after a couple of days then began vomiting blood.  In the end she passed away without our knowing what exactly was wrong with her.  She was 10 years old and healthy, this all came on very suddenly.  We sure missed her and my tom grieved for her for a month.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry to hear this news, @girlycat, particularly after what sounded like some hopeful days. You obviously took great care of Kitty Girl and I'm sure you must miss her terribly.

mojothecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a siamese which vomited every day. We tried everything. The vet was useless. Finally we got it under control. We fed more often. We tried raw food but finally ended up with blue wilderness canned food. Also helpful was Optigest which is aprebiotic with stomach enzyme. I think having the cat box super clean so there is less smell helps. Sure helps me.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We have a siamese which vomited every day. We tried everything. The vet was useless. Finally we got it under control. We fed more often. We tried raw food but finally ended up with blue wilderness canned food. Also helpful was Optigest which is aprebiotic with stomach enzyme. I think having the cat box super clean so there is less smell helps. Sure helps me.
Finding the right food, and smaller meals can often do the trick, as does using probiotics and in your case that Optigest.  (I've used Prozyme, which I'm thinking is similar). 

Unfortunately, the cat in this post had other issues and did not make it.  It seems the daily vomiting was indicative of deeper issues