9 week old lifeless kityen

mrbearsmom87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help I have a nine week old kitten he's my life today I seen that he was week cold white gums that white thing over his eyes kept twitching I have him Karo syrup his gums are almost pink again bought kitten milk and gave him warm water his temp was 93.6 2 hours later after warm treatments it went up three degrees but he's still really slow and blank stares

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrbearsmom87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What could cause this he's pooped twice and pee twice and he keeps going back to the same spot lifeless and unresponsive

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kitten is very ill and needs emergency treatment right away! I do not know what it is but he needs to see a vet ASAP!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with sarthur2.  Your kitten may not live without a vet visit right away.  Please do the responsible thing and take your kitten to the vet.  Care Credit is an excellent source for funds for unexpected. emergency treatment.

Keep us updated.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please help I have a nine week old kitten he's my life today I seen that he was week cold white gums that white thing over his eyes kept twitching I have him Karo syrup his gums are almost pink again bought kitten milk and gave him warm water his temp was 93.6 2 hours later after warm treatments it went up three degrees but he's still really slow and blank stares
How is it going?

I presume he was entirely OK in a few days ago, and got this condition quite suddenly?   What you are doing is the adequate home emergency; actively warming up, giving glucose sugar / Karo syrup, making sure he gets fluids - preferably  pedialyte or equivalent.

Kmr is good, goat milk is another alternative. - its not enough, but helps some.

But its surely an emergency ASAP   It may be a hemorrhage inside, it may be some poisononing, or it may be something else too.  A good vet is his only chance.

It sounds very grave what you describe.

Unless he was outside in the cold, and got gravely chilled down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrbearsmom87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No he wasnt in the cold i gave him karo syrup 1 tsp of sugar. Water he has a heater by him with blankeat i give. Him 2 tsp water an hour. And them kmr he moves a little. Then crys and atands there with his head down and eventually will lay down he refuses to be touched he will cry and run back to the same spot

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat desperately needs to go to the vet.  He likely needs medication.  This is not a situation you can fix on your own and I fear that he is wasting away.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No he wasnt in the cold i gave him karo syrup 1 tsp of sugar. Water he has a heater by him with blankeat i give. Him 2 tsp water an hour. And them kmr he moves a little. Then crys and atands there with his head down and eventually will lay down he refuses to be touched he will cry and run back to the same spot
I think he is in severe pains, and frankly, dying.  If you dont afford with the vet, with perhaps costly treatment, I think the least bad is to let him go.  Do it the the quickest and easiest for him way you can find.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is your kitten today?

Have you taken him to the vet for help yet?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The described behavior sounds to me that this kitten is dying. When the kitten is too far gone to bring back, but is given supplements like sugar, it will prolong death, but won't be enough to turn him around.

Please update asap.