9 week old kitten is sick.

dthor68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My ferel kitten rescue is sick. She was taken to the vet when we first got her and treated for internal parasites, I forget what it was. We had to give her antibiotics as well. She has also got her first round of shots. Right now she is having phlemey diarhea that smells horrible and will not eat. She is still playing but cries while pooping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dthor68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to mention she has been clean for a couple weeks. the antibiotics were finished a couple/three weeks ago.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is serious in a cat this young. Between the not eating, crying while eliminating, and mucous in the diarrhea, she needs to see the vet. There could be several reasons for this, but she needs to get some help.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is serious in a cat this young. Between the not eating, crying while eliminating, and mucous in the diarrhea, she needs to see the vet. There could be several reasons for this, but she needs to get some help.
Agreed. You can't mess around with kittens this young. And there is no way we can diagnose the problem on line. We are not Vets here, just a bunch of people who love cats.

Please keep us posted after you've seen the Vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dthor68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is actually doing better. The last time she had diarhea was at 5:30. There was a bit of blood in it. I had also noticed that she had vommited in her litter box as well. Upon closer inspection I noticed some wood fibers in her vomit, several of them. I do not know if it was the cause of her problems but she is eating and playing at the moment. I was worried she may have had feline distemper but when I checked her records she was vacinated for that at her last visit. So, I will give it another 24 hours and hope for the best.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds like an improvement of sorts, but if she has ingested something with wood fibers she needs to see the vet. The fact that it could account for the pain, mucous, and now blood does not mean that she is okay and that there is not an obstruction or something which could damage her intestinal tract.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is actually doing better. The last time she had diarhea was at 5:30. There was a bit of blood in it. I had also noticed that she had vommited in her litter box as well. Upon closer inspection I noticed some wood fibers in her vomit, several of them. I do not know if it was the cause of her problems but she is eating and playing at the moment. I was worried she may have had feline distemper but when I checked her records she was vacinated for that at her last visit. So, I will give it another 24 hours and hope for the best.
I would take her to dvm asap. A young kitten can have many things going on and is vulnerable. If she ingested something it can twist her bowels.