9 week old kitten having stool movent problem

toriibugg21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so my friend got a kitten from me that we are both worried about. He was fine when I brought him to her. He also has his brother and sister here. Anyway he is having uncontrollable diarrhea to the point that his anus is constantly popped out and his poor but it blood shot red and he didn't have these problems before and he was fine for about it week then all of a suddenHe started this. The only thing she has done different is she stopped using the natural clay litter and he is eating a different kitten food. We don't know what to do and she won't have the money to get him to the vet until the beginning of next week. All the kittens except this one from the entire litter.Please help us

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have the kittens been wormed?  Most kittens are born with worms and need to be dewormed.  Call the vet and ask.  Maybe you can get him in sooner and get a payment plan where you pay later.  Diarrhea in young kittens is not good at all.  Please call the vet for help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toriibugg21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was dewormed 2 times while I had him but he is over due to be dewormed again. I guess that this has been going on for 2 weeks now. Like I said though he was fine while I had him and I had him for 7 weeks. From the time he was born until his mamma got sick when the kittens where 7 weeks. I did tell his new owner that all 3 kittens she got from me are due to be dewormed when she got them and then again last night. I have dewormed but it is only for round worms. Should I go ahead and give him that? I've switched his food back to what he was eating while I had him to see if that helps because he did fine with it while I had him. I'm hoping that helps him. His new owner gets paid Friday I'm pretty sure and she is calling to get him an appointment to get him in on her next day off. There are 9 kittens all together and he is the only one doing this.