9 month female was in heat, bleeding, raised liver counts...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellebud

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you!  I will definitely remind the vet about the liver enzymes in a few weeks, and ask to retake them.  I forgot all about that - just so happy to have my little girl home.  Now I have to keep her and the boy separated for 2 weeks.  Can't wait until they can just play and cuddle together again :)

RoseWolf15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby has never mated with a male, and doesn't go outside but I haven't gotten her fixed yet it is in the plans for this month hopefully if I can afford it. Though I noticed just today she is bleeding a little bit, and apparently started spraying which she has never done. Is she alright, like do I have the time to make the appointment or do I need to try and get her in ASAP?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby has never mated with a male, and doesn't go outside but I haven't gotten her fixed yet it is in the plans for this month hopefully if I can afford it. Though I noticed just today she is bleeding a little bit, and apparently started spraying which she has never done. Is she alright, like do I have the time to make the appointment or do I need to try and get her in ASAP?
She should not be bleeding. Please get her to the vet first thing tomorrow.

RoseWolf15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Money is an object for me. I can't afford thousands of dollars. I have less than 400 bucks to my name. Should I try the vet for advice first thing? Our spca doesn't open u til 11AM

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you need to get your cat to the vet tomorrow. Unfortunately vet expenses are part of cat ownership, but there should be vets who will work with you on cost. My guess is that she will need to be spayed ASAP, but that should not cost thousands.

RoseWolf15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That helps ease my mind a bit. She seems happy currently after I fed her, she's laying down and resting. You guys think she will be okay overnight? We don't have emergency vets here.