9 Day Old Kitten

kfoltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My daughter in law's cat kittens had 6 kittens. The mother wanted nothing to do with any of them and they all died but one, she was the last one born a full 24 hrs. after the rest. My son ran her over to me just a few minutes after her birth and I have been syringe feeding her ever since.
She started to have a problem with constipation on Wednesday. I took her to the vet on Thursday and they gave her an enema. she didn't have any bowel movement's the rest of that day and I could only get her to go a little one yesterday. The vet said i could put a couple of drops of mineral oil into one of her feedings but so far shes still not going. I stimulate her for at lease 5 minutes after every feeding. I am at a lose for what else can do. The vet's office isn't open until Monday and she can't go that long without having a bowel movement. The vet said she looked healthy other than the constipation so it's the kitten formula. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to help her.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does she have any other symptoms such as loss of appetite or vomiting? What are you feeding her now? Is she eating any canned kitten food? If so, try adding a bit of plain canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) or even plain squash baby food to her food and see if that helps.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kfoltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does she have any other symptoms such as loss of appetite or vomiting? What are you feeding her now? Is she eating any canned kitten food? If so, try adding a bit of plain canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) or even plain squash baby food to her food and see if that helps.
She is on kitten formula right now. She did have loss of appetite but returned afrter the vet gave her an enema. I have been putting 2 drops of mineral oil mixed to the formula. She's really tiny so I have to feed with a syringe she is up to eating 1ml every 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kfoltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise