melonie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i've been putting off writing this but i think it'll help me cope so... i'm going to :)

on september 9th of this year, 2017, my 2 year old cat passed away. her name was venus, i made a thread about her being sick the day she passed, moments before she did. i don't know what even happened to her, i don't know what she was sick with and that probably bothers me the most.

she was one of the most affectionate cats i've ever met, and probably one of the most affectionate cats i'll ever meet. she loved to be held and she'd cry until she got picked up! she was very spoiled, now i don't regret spoiling her.

she would always wipe her paws on the side of the litter box after using it, i thought it was the cutest and it was something i hadn't seen before. she would paw at doors when she wanted in, she never took no for an answer either!

she loved being outside. we have a big dog cage we set on the porch so she could be outside and also be safe at the same time, she loved napping outside. she loved laying on my chest and whenever i picked her up she would drape her paws over my shoulder and rest her head too.

( sitting in my fish tank before i got it set up :doh::redheartpump::lol: )

before i got her, i never really expected to adopt a black cat. people always demonize black kitties because of superstition but venus was the sweetest cat that ever was. it breaks my heart to think that people don't give them the chance they deserve. did you know black cats are less likely to be adopted from shelters?

the second i held her for the first time at the shelter and she rested her head on my shoulder, i knew i wanted to take her home. she was the first and only cat i held that day. she came running up to the cage every time i walked by, i fell in love so fast.

venus showed me that every cat deserves a chance and no cat deserves to be ignored or ridiculed because of their coat color, age, or what they look like. she saved me, i hope she loved me as much as i loved her. even though she's gone, she'll always be with me in my heart and i'll never forget her. :bigeyes::rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to such a sweet girl. She was one of the lucky ones, she got to be loved, and loved well, from you. That is all she ever wanted, it was meant to be. She was in your life for a while, she was content and warm and safe, you will be blessed for showering her with love, she in turn gave you so much. She opened your heart to love, she gave you a lifetime of memories. Her little quirks, like wiping her feet, will always be there to bring a smile one day and to strengthen that bond that exists between you, not even death can break that chain of love, it is spiritual so eternal.
It hurts so very much to have them gone from our lives, but time will soften that pain and allow you to remember her with fondness and smiles instead of heartache and tears. It helps to share your pain with those who understand, a burden shared is a burden lightened. The weight you feel on your soul will lighten over time, as she would want for the one she loves so very much, just as you would want if you were the first to go. She will always be nearby, her life's path will forever parallel yours, until the day it once more crosses. Go into the future and pass on that legacy of love she left you, it is more precious than you will ever know. It deserves to be a part of your life once more and she will see that it is because she shared her heart with you and you gave her a part of yours.
Take care of yourself, you are a good person with a big heart. Keep in touch and try to help others who are grieving as you are, it helps to make your heart a little less empty. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, I'll pray for her little soul.............RIP precious Venus, you will never be forgotten and will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, may your sweet little soul find that perfect spot in the sun, goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

melonie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to such a sweet girl. She was one of the lucky ones, she got to be loved, and loved well, from you. That is all she ever wanted, it was meant to be. She was in your life for a while, she was content and warm and safe, you will be blessed for showering her with love, she in turn gave you so much. She opened your heart to love, she gave you a lifetime of memories. Her little quirks, like wiping her feet, will always be there to bring a smile one day and to strengthen that bond that exists between you, not even death can break that chain of love, it is spiritual so eternal.
It hurts so very much to have them gone from our lives, but time will soften that pain and allow you to remember her with fondness and smiles instead of heartache and tears. It helps to share your pain with those who understand, a burden shared is a burden lightened. The weight you feel on your soul will lighten over time, as she would want for the one she loves so very much, just as you would want if you were the first to go. She will always be nearby, her life's path will forever parallel yours, until the day it once more crosses. Go into the future and pass on that legacy of love she left you, it is more precious than you will ever know. It deserves to be a part of your life once more and she will see that it is because she shared her heart with you and you gave her a part of yours.
Take care of yourself, you are a good person with a big heart. Keep in touch and try to help others who are grieving as you are, it helps to make your heart a little less empty. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, I'll pray for her little soul.............RIP precious Venus, you will never be forgotten and will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, may your sweet little soul find that perfect spot in the sun, goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess!
this brought tears to my eyes, thank you so so much :hugs:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your friend and at such a young age, sometimes bad things like this just happen and we have no idea why, but she had a great albeit short life but as a cat rescuer once told me "it's better to have a good short life than a long bad one", but no matter how long or short we have them it never feels like it is enough.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Venus, dream you deep. Your little mama tried so hard to help you. You walk in her heart forever.

Hello, Darlin' Girl. I have wept so for you and your beautiful cat. I know how frantic you were, and how you grieve for her now. But this is something else I know. Love NEVER EVER dies. It only changes form. She was, and still is, a beautiful girl, and her love still surrounds you.

melonie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Venus, dream you deep. Your little mama tried so hard to help you. You walk in her heart forever.

Hello, Darlin' Girl. I have wept so for you and your beautiful cat. I know how frantic you were, and how you grieve for her now. But this is something else I know. Love NEVER EVER dies. It only changes form. She was, and still is, a beautiful girl, and her love still surrounds you.
thank you so so much, it means so much to me :hugs: it's a pain i don't think i've ever felt before and even though it still hurts i've gotten better at accepting it. i don't think i'm ready for a new companion yet and i don't know when i will be - but i look forward to loving another kitty in the future just as i loved her. she was always very friendly, i'm sure she'll be here in spirit to meet the new kitty when the time comes :)

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
melonie melonie ,
I have read the thread about your kitty being sick and then passing away, that's terrible, so sudden at such a young age.
Venus was stunning, a real goddess.
Though she lived such a short life she left you lots of memories that will always be with you.
I know that right now the pain is strong and heavy and it seems that the world is dark and meaningless, but you're young and one day you'll find another pair of bright eyes calling you to be held and cuddled.
You won't know, but Venus could be in that new furry creature, sometimes kitties come back in a new body.
Yes, I know that black cats have less chances to find a loving family, but I think they're the most beautiful cats in the world, so magic and mysterious.
What I didn't know is that black cats are hit by superstition even outside my country or countries like mine.

RIP Venus, now you're a goddess in the sky, the place you deserve.
Venus is also the brightest celestial body in our sky, your kitty's eyes will be shining forever like stars.

melonie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
melonie melonie ,
I have read the thread about your kitty being sick and then passing away, that's terrible, so sudden at such a young age.
Venus was stunning, a real goddess.
Though she lived such a short life she left you lots of memories that will always be with you.
I know that right now the pain is strong and heavy and it seems that the world is dark and meaningless, but you're young and one day you'll find another pair of bright eyes calling you to be held and cuddled.
You won't know, but Venus could be in that new furry creature, sometimes kitties come back in a new body.
Yes, I know that black cats have less chances to find a loving family, but I think they're the most beautiful cats in the world, so magic and mysterious.
What I didn't know is that black cats are hit by superstition even outside my country or countries like mine.

RIP Venus, now you're a goddess in the sky, the place you deserve.
Venus is also the brightest celestial body in our sky, your kitty's eyes will be shining forever like stars.
thank you very, very much for your message, it means a lot to me and it helps a ton :hugs:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Venus was so very lovely and I am so very sorry. She is at The Bridge now with no pain.
So many of our babies are there and Antonio's Lola is the official greeter and will show her
the ropes.

I have had 5 black cats. I think there is something extra sweet about them.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Hugs,

Mia :grouphug2:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 ,
My Lola isn't the only official greeter. Many of our senior and experienced cats are there to welcome the new Angels.
I'm sure that your Kirsten is as good as Lola at doing this job :hugs:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
thank you so so much, it means so much to me :hugs: it's a pain i don't think i've ever felt before and even though it still hurts i've gotten better at accepting it. i don't think i'm ready for a new companion yet and i don't know when i will be - but i look forward to loving another kitty in the future just as i loved her. she was always very friendly, i'm sure she'll be here in spirit to meet the new kitty when the time comes :)
I know she will. And that time will come. What better way to honor her than to give a home to another in need. Hugs, Darlin. :hugs: