87 cats/kittens fixed at the Alley Cat Allies clinic today!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We expected 107, but only fixed 87 (yesterday was REALLY windy and cold so that could have accounted for fewer cats). Fortunately we had 0 pregnant cats...but several were in heat...so we altered them just in time. Lots more females than males.

Katie

foxfire

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like one veeeeerrrrrryyyyyy busy day! How on earth many people did you have working with the project?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by foxfire

Sounds like one veeeeerrrrrryyyyyy busy day! How on earth many people did you have working with the project?
5 vets and a ton of volunteers. We started at 10 and were done at 1:30 PM.

Katie

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

brilliant job as usually Katie
It's a team effort..but I love being part of it. There was one little fuzzy male orange kitten I wanted to sneak home.

Katie

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

It's a team effort..but I love being part of it. There was one little fuzzy male orange kitten I wanted to sneak home.
of course its a team effort - you guys all do amazing work.

awwww fuzzy male orange kitten? ooohhhh i would of wanted to sneak him home too!!! awww i love the orange ones!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Job!!! I know you do wonderful work, I would want to bring them all home, seems alway's to be more females, out of those 16 I got there were 12plus a momma with 5 more female babies, is that usually how it is more females?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Great Job!!! I know you do wonderful work, I would want to bring them all home, seems alway's to be more females, out of those 16 I got there were 12plus a momma with 5 more female babies, is that usually how it is more females?
I don't know if that is typical...we've had clinics where there were more males than females..but overall...we do tend to find the numbers of females are greater. Perhaps it is because the females feel they need the food more than the males do...whatever the reason...I'm just happy for every spay.

Katie