8 week pregnant cat help ✨

xxmrsexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone I'm a new member my 2 indoor cats candy and Rex are expecting there first litter ! So any tips for the birth and when the kittens arrive please feel free to give me some incase I've missed something ! I've started to feel lots of movement and can see milk on her nipples however she's still got lots of hair around them ? Should she of trimmed some of the hair away at by now ? It's thinned out but still lots of hair left ? Thanks in advance xx

This is candy as you can see her belly is still very fluffy!

And this is Rex

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are your cats? Do you plan to spay and neuter?

For mom, please set up some nest options. She'll want them in a warm, dark, private place.

You should also get some supplies. Kitten milk replacer (get powdered; avoid Hartz) and a small needleless syringe are musts in case you need to supplement. You should also weigh the kittens daily, so you'll need a kitchen scale. Make sure you have raw rice in the house in case you need to make a heatinh source.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She still has a week or so to go if your date is correct, so I would not worry about the belly hair. She does look very young to be having kittens, though I may be wrong. Young mothers do sometimes have difficulties birthing and don't always know what to do with their kittens, so you will need to be extra prepared if this is the case. Make sure she has a safe place to have them, and keep the male away from her for awhile till you are sure he won't harm the kittens. Some males do, as they usually have no paternal feelings, and only want to bring the mother into heat again. Good luck, keep us informed of progress and do ask questions as you go.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She still has a week or so to go if your date is correct, so I would not worry about the belly hair. She does look very young to be having kittens, though I may be wrong. Young mothers do sometimes have difficulties birthing and don't always know what to do with their kittens, so you will need to be extra prepared if this is the case. Make sure she has a safe place to have them, and keep the male away from her for awhile till you are sure he won't harm the kittens. Some males do, as they usually have no paternal feelings, and only want to bring the mother into heat again. Good luck, keep us informed of progress and do ask questions as you go.
If the male and she are good friends, there is practically no danger for this.  But whom wants to take any risks?

But there is another risk.  She having a fertile(?) tom nearby may come into heat quite soon,  even after just a week.  and mate with him...   So the best are to neuter him asap...  He will be fertlie anyways at least a couple of weeks after the neutering.

Btw, does he belong to some breed?  Or is he " somewhat look alike - domestic?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry about the hair, the kittens will take care of that. Their constant nursing wears it off fast. She does look awfully young, keep a close watch on her. Looks like two kittens, not many anyway. Please give her kitten food when she is nursing, she will need the extra calories and nutrition. All the luck and keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxmrsexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old are your cats? Do you plan to spay and neuter?

For mom, please set up some nest options. She'll want them in a warm, dark, private place.

You should also get some supplies. Kitten milk replacer (get powdered; avoid Hartz) and a small needleless syringe are musts in case you need to supplement. You should also weigh the kittens daily, so you'll need a kitchen scale. Make sure you have raw rice in the house in case you need to make a heatinh source.

Hi yes I do plan on neutering and spaying , I'm not an irresponsible breeder and have homes already lined up for the kittens within mine and my husbands family ... the nest has been set for a few weeks she has been spending a lot of time in there the last few days , my male cat is almost 2 and my female cat is 14 months , I have lots of bits ready milk syringes ect thanks for the advice!

xxmrsexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi ,her hair has thinned out a lot since I made this post , she's 14months , I'm on hand if she needs help I've got everything needed (full whelping kit) and I'm off work next week and my husband is off the week after so we are able to keep a close eye on her ...she has her own warm quiet room with everything she needs and my male is kept separate from her and has been since we found out she was pregnant, he's still very much interested in mating her and she is obviously not and I know he can harm her and the kittens ect so they have been having monitored visits with us there where he cleans her n shows her some affection (which she loves) then They are separated again, which they are used to as I've separated them a lot when my female has been in heat!and as much As he is a loving boy, I wouldn't trust him with her or the kittens he will be kept away , thank you for your advice I'll keep you posted !

xxmrsexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If the male and she are good friends, there is practically no danger for this.  But whom wants to take any risks?

But there is another risk.  She having a fertile(?) tom nearby may come into heat quite soon,  even after just a week.  and mate with him...   So the best are to neuter him asap...  He will be fertlie anyways at least a couple of weeks after the neutering.

Btw, does he belong to some breed?  Or is he " somewhat look alike - domestic?

There best friends very and very loving to each other but there will be no risks taken and they are kept separated in completely different areas of my house he will be neutered next month and obviously still be kept separated until I know he isn't fertile ... he is a Russian blue - with papers and she is a bengal cross

xxmrsexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't worry about the hair, the kittens will take care of that. Their constant nursing wears it off fast. She does look awfully young, keep a close watch on her. Looks like two kittens, not many anyway. Please give her kitten food when she is nursing, she will need the extra calories and nutrition. All the luck and keep us posted!

Hi her hair has thinned alot this last few days ... she's young but she's over 1 which is the age I was told by my vet she'd be fine to carry a litter ... however I will still be watching her closely as I mentioned previously .. she's on kitten food and wet kitten food also , thanks and I will keep you all posted !

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There best friends very and very loving to each other but there will be no risks taken and they are kept separated in completely different areas of my house he will be neutered next month and obviously still be kept separated until I know he isn't fertile ... he is a Russian blue - with papers and she is a bengal cross
Oh oh oh!   I though the head looked as on a russian, but he seems rather well to do, almost alike a british gentleman...  But I suppose being fertile male he is well muscled, and the face is often thicker on toms / studs.   Werent on ours, but on some are.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great! Sounds like you have it all sorted out! Good luck with everything, can't wait to see pictures of the kittens.

JazminL

Nemo&Nina
Kitten
Purraise
Hi did you cat have a good Birth experience? My cat os due any day so just wondering how she did and how many kittens she ended up having ? X

xxmrsexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_5542.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG
IMG_5544.JPG
IMG_5545.JPG
IMG_5546.JPG
Hi! Yes she had a brilliant birth it was amazing! She did everything herself ! She had 4 very healthy sized kittens 3girls and a boy! She's also currently due with her last litter too I've literally just set up her birthing area again ☺ and once again all kittens have homes and I'm lucky enough to keep one this time round ! She is a lot bigger this time so think she may be having 1 or 2 more ! Good luck with your cat I'm sure she will be perfectly fine ! Keep me posted ! here are some pictures of her kittens ☺ X

Attachments

JazminL

Nemo&Nina
Kitten
Purraise
Oh they are so adorable ! No sign of Nemo baby's yet ( not 100% on due date but she is very big ! ) she has started leaking milk so i don't think it will be very much longer hopefully i will keep you posted on here :) x

QUOTE="xxmrsexx, post: 4309223, member: 116045"]View attachment 183504 View attachment 183505 View attachment 183506 View attachment 183507 View attachment 183508 Hi! Yes she had a brilliant birth it was amazing! She did everything herself ! She had 4 very healthy sized kittens 3girls and a boy! She's also currently due with her last litter too I've literally just set up her birthing area again ☺ and once again all kittens have homes and I'm lucky enough to keep one this time round ! She is a lot bigger this time so think she may be having 1 or 2 more ! Good luck with your cat I'm sure she will be perfectly fine ! Keep me posted ! here are some pictures of her kittens ☺ X[/QUOTE]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 183504 View attachment 183505 View attachment 183506 View attachment 183507 View attachment 183508 Hi! Yes she had a brilliant birth it was amazing! She did everything herself ! She had 4 very healthy sized kittens 3girls and a boy! She's also currently due with her last litter too I've literally just set up her birthing area again ☺ and once again all kittens have homes and I'm lucky enough to keep one this time round ! She is a lot bigger this time so think she may be having 1 or 2 more ! Good luck with your cat I'm sure she will be perfectly fine ! Keep me posted ! here are some pictures of her kittens ☺ X
Did you breed her again on purpose? Same dad?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you plan to spay her after this next litter weans?

The kittens are adorable!

xxmrsexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It wasn't intentional to breed her again , my boy was neutered and they had been successfully kept in separate rooms for 4 weeks until my 10 year old left the door open one morning ! They must Of been left alone for an hour maximum but obviously they didn't need long ... she is being spayed after these kitty's wean and my boy isn't fertile anymore but I'll still be keeping him away too !