8 week old kitten - doesn't like affection but suckles like crazy

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some kittens just aren't that cuddly because they want to go and play--they don't want to sit still! He may become more cuddly as he grows.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job with him! He is a beauty as you already know! I hope he gets cuddly for you! Mine just kind of thinks Im his mommy at this point so he's very cuddly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took my little Yoshi down to my fiances parents today for Christmas and tried to gently introduce him to Missy (his parents lovely and gently dobermann) and he hissed something chronic and dug all claws into my skin (his claws deep into my chest and arm and couldn't get him off because they were deep and was just stretching my skin...serious pain). Safe to say he doesn't like dogs. Missy was so excited he sat outside the door crying because she wanted to play!

He crawled up onto my chest and cuddled into me for the first time on the drive home...yay...he is so beautiful!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a learning experience! Now you know he's not willing to except dogs, so now you both know! Im glad he's cuddling with you and not mad at ya!! Good luck! Keep us posted!