8 week kitten with fever

Siaran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, new here. Wondering if someone can give advice. Kitten was rescued from street, and after the usual issues, (URI, conjunctivitis, fleas), she got a clean bill of health and has been a usual kitten. Yesterday she was allowed off her 14-day quarantine and ran the house, meeting all the other cats. Last night, she wasn't her usual wild, hungry self and today she has a temp of 103.1. Was not able to get her into my usual vet, and even the ER vets were a 6+ hour wait. I started her back on Clavamox but is there anything else I can do? Should I be freaking out and sitting in my car with her for 6 hours at the ER vet or wait until tomorrow morning when her vet will try and work her in? She is still eating and playing, just not with her usual fiestiness. Thank you in advance for any comments or advice. And thank you for the welcomes.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi, new here. Wondering if someone can give advice. Kitten was rescued from street, and after the usual issues, (URI, conjunctivitis, fleas), she got a clean bill of health and has been a usual kitten. Yesterday she was allowed off her 14-day quarantine and ran the house, meeting all the other cats. Last night, she wasn't her usual wild, hungry self and today she has a temp of 103.1. Was not able to get her into my usual vet, and even the ER vets were a 6+ hour wait. I started her back on Clavamox but is there anything else I can do? Should I be freaking out and sitting in my car with her for 6 hours at the ER vet or wait until tomorrow morning when her vet will try and work her in? She is still eating and playing, just not with her usual fiestiness. Thank you in advance for any comments or advice. And thank you for the welcomes.
Wait at home, its easier to make her comfortable...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Siaran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thank you both for responding and for asking about her. After that first dose of Clavamox, she perked up and so we waited it out. She finally saw her vet yesterday who said it was just a recurrence of the URI. Her temp was normal and she was definitely not lethargic anymore. :] She seems back to normal.