8 month old kitten getting aggressive?

katherinegrace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, my cat River has gotten way more aggressive since she got fixed in the beginning of February, she constantly scratches and bites me(scratches so bad my hands are covered in scars) whenever I go to pet her she will let me for a while then thinks its play time. My moms dog which is basically her best friend has even gotten annoyed with how she's been acting and won't play with her, she also has started attacking the corners of my body pillow for no reason and when i try to get her to stop she just starts scratching me and biting me. What do I do? I've tried spraying her with water but I've stopped because people in my family think its just fun to spray her for no reason.
Wow this is really long! Anyway I just need some advice on what to do! Thanks!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Katherine... It's interesting that you can trace it to her being spayed.  I would check with the vet that there isn't anything hormonal or otherwise physical going on.  But sometimes cats can change their behavious after a shock or some other major event in their lives, and being spayed could be one of them.  She may need medication to help her settle.  The vet is really the best start in a situation like this.

Please don't spray her... cats just don't respond to punishment and it will often just make them worse.

Good luck, and please keep us posted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katherinegrace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I will try that!