8 Month Long Ringworm Nightmare

Luana&Joy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm writing from Italy (Rome), my nightmare has been going on for 8 months.
I got an English cat from a cattery with a lesion, the breeder said it was a scratch but I didn't believe him and took him to a dermatologist... ringworm. it infected everyone... The dog, me, my mother, my husband and my son first of all. We had 100 scattered lesions
Reading this post was a consolation, everyone tells me it's exaggerated... Only you.. We've spent 10 days and he's healed, you're exaggerating
cure for 11 weeks itrafungol and Amyco shampoo and canesten cream, also tee tree oil on the dog, dog healed in 4 weeks, cat negative after 12
but after 8 weeks it came back on the cat and on me, we tried the Blufel vaccine but unfortunately I was one of the few cases where it didn't work and from December 28th we started with the intrafungol again but after 5 weeks I didn't see any improvement , so we switched to malaseb, Pevaryl cream and oral Lamisil and lime sulphur
Not used in Italy but I looked for it anyway

now it gets better but it loses a lot of black crusts and the bath water comes out coffee colored.... WHY??? Also this summer after 21 days of treatment it had crusts and dark water... Is it the fungus that dies and comes off or are they active crusts?
after 8 months of wild cleaning I am exhausted, I threw everything away and bought everything again and now I will have to throw it away again, use Virkon s, bleach, steam, steramine... Yet, in my opinion, the fungus had not healed but it was dormant.
loses a lot of black crusts and the bath water comes out coffee colored.... WHY???
loses a lot of black crusts and the bath water comes out coffee colored.... WHY???

unfortunately the pulsed itrafungol created alterations in the liver for this reason before taking it again we tried the vaccine. thanks to the desmudium the liver regenerated and became perfect again and we tried the itrafungol again but without success this time always using the desmonium every day

fortunately in Italy human drugs are almost free. sporonax 2 dollars with medical sheet 8 if bought privately but if I take veterinary itrafungol it is 50. lamisil $2. However, I spent a lot between visits, tests, cultures, the creams and shampoos unfortunately cost a lot, around 30 dollars per bottle. . I read your prices and console myself :) I would like to get out of this nightmare seeing him locked in the bathroom hurts me

as I was saying, if I wash it the water comes out brown and the crusts it sheds when dry or wet are brown
I'll post a photo from January and one from today

Icona di Verificata con community

@bunnellina

Attachments

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ringworm is a fungus that is spread by spores. They come off in your house then, later, re-infect any animal or person they come into contact with. Your doctors and vets ARE curing the ringworm but it keeps coming back because you are getting re-infected.

At this point, you're probably going to go through the whole house and disinfect everything to remove all the spores that might be hiding in bedding, upholstery or clothing.

Use soap and hot water followed by liquid, chlorine bleach in hot water at a 1:16 ratio. (1 cup per gallon or 100 ml per 1.5 l.)

Vacuum-Vacuum! Clean-clean! Wash-wash! Bleach-bleach!... Everything!

In a situation like yours, the only way to stop ringworm is to get rid of those damned spores!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luana&Joy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use google translate so sorry for my english. I disinfected everything and threw everything away several times. steam mop, hepa vacuum cleaner, virkon, steramine, amuchina, 50% bleach on movable walls and floors. I did everything, I took 20 days off to disinfect. in my opinion it is he who resists the drugs and as soon as the drug leaves his body it manifests itself again. but I don't understand why every time after 20 days of treatment it starts to have scabs and if I wash it brown water comes out even though new hair is growing back