8 cats already and more kittens coming soon

jaxx62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have now acquired 8 cats to my and my daughters small apartment and have found out 2 are pregnant at approximately 9-11 months old...My birthday and my daughters are both in February...guess what we get for our birthdays this year!!! We are excited even though we wonder where we will be sleeping soon..lol

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have now acquired 8 cats to my and my daughters small apartment and have found out 2 are pregnant at approximately 9-11 months old...My birthday and my daughters are both in February...guess what we get for our birthdays this year!!! We are excited even though we wonder where we will be sleeping soon..l
You will certainly have your hands full.  I hope that you plan to spay the cats and all of the kittens or your 8 will very quickly get more and more out of hand.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You really need to get all of the cats fixed as soon as you can. If not you will have more than 30 by this time next year. They breed at a phenomenal rate!

If you let us know which city/state you live in we can suggest some low cost spay and neuter clinics for you.

[article="22304"]Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats​[/article]  

[article="33467"]Will Cats Become Extinct If We Spay Neuter All Of Them​[/article]  

[article="33415"]When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat​[/article]  

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As funny as the picture of being buried in kittens is (I always say that's how I want to go!)....and as wonderful as kittens are....please please PLEASE don't wait any more days than possible. I'm so happy you're giving homes to kitties who need them!!! But cats can begin getting pregnant VERY young (as young as 4 months!!!)--and they don't hesitate to mate with their own mothers, brothers, daughters, cousins, etc! Just one pair of kitties can have 1-8 kitties in one litter, and that pair can easily have 2-3 litters a year. So just one pair can have 24 kittens in just a year -- yikes!!!!! (And you're starting off with 8---rather than 2--again--yikes!!!) But don't get discouraged --as @Norachan noted - let us know where you are (city/state/zip if in US) & we'll do our best to guide you to the lowest possible vet/spay & neuter clinic (I know in my city, several zip codes can get kitties spayed/neutered at GREATLY reduced fees-some zips are even free!!).

So congrats on your new babies! And PLEASE get them vetted & then fixed ASAP. And benefits of immediate spaying/neutering aside from a manageable household of furry love---having them "fixed" keeps them healthier (one example: they don't get many forms of cancer), it'll give them less need to "mark" (spray VERY pungent urine everywhere), they won't feel the constant drive to mate so they won't be as crazed to slip out doors & windows, and they likely won't "vocalize" (meow like crazed kitties right while you're mid-deep sleep - believe me, it's loud enough your neighbors will also appreciate NOT hearing it at 4 am!!). Good luck - keep us posted-and post pics!

This link shows a great representation of what can happen very quickly when un-fixed kitties "do what cats do":
http://www.spayusa.org/assets/pdfs/cats-multiply-pyramid.pdf