7year Old Male Cat With A Urinary Blockage

Jennamoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help!
so I took my cat to the er and he had a blockage last Tuesday, he stayed for two days and then the vet wanted me to do if fluids at home. I did that and he pepped up. The problem now is he’s still incontinent and had some light blood in the urine and it still smells. So I put home in a diaper during the day when he’s out of the bathroom.
How long is it gonna take for him to stop needing diapers? He’s very needy and loving too.
I also have another cat and he’s hissing at him. Help

Jennamoo
Help!

J. A. Vann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help!
so I took my cat to the er and he had a blockage last Tuesday, he stayed for two days and then the vet wanted me to do if fluids at home. I did that and he pepped up. The problem now is he’s still incontinent and had some light blood in the urine and it still smells. So I put home in a diaper during the day when he’s out of the bathroom.
How long is it gonna take for him to stop needing diapers? He’s very needy and loving too.
I also have another cat and he’s hissing at him. Help

Jennamoo
Help!
My male cat had a blockage. It was from some sort of crystals in his urine. They would build up & block him from peeing so he would try to pee almost constantly & one day he was so bad he leaned on a wall & just slid down it! He almost died but we have a great Vet, who took care of him right away.
Water alone will not help this situation it’s perminent & you need to feed a special Urinary Diet! I used Royal Canin brand plus my Vet recommended a supplement called Dasiquin! It’s kinda expensive but you can get it cheap on Amazon! It kept my cat from having blood in his urine for 12 years!
Please don’t ignor this situation & from what you have written your Vet doesn’t seem to know how to treat the problem! It’s a Feline Urinary Tract Disease & really needs attention! But water alone won’t do a thing & if he is having problems peeing this could make things worse! Maybe consider another Vet for a second opinion!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely want another vet check. sounds like he is still having problems, which can be very bad for a male cat.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, further checking out with your vet sounds like it should happen. The sooner the better for your cat.