7 wk old feral, not taming- shutting down?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

khayos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol well it backfired.

He was biting me, so I blew in his face...He stopped to glare at me (ignoring his toy) and then attacked my face. I like yelped lol because it hurt/surprised me, and then he got upse and started to hiss and try to run away.

He's back to being okay with me. But now when he gets rowdy I say NO and put him in a carrier for 1-2mins. Not sure if t'll work but he doesn't freak out over it lol

khayos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol

They escaped their room(no idea how, it doesn't lock but you have to really push on it to get it open).

Ran up to my cat BeBe who looks like their mom. Oh it was heartbreaking, they looked so happy to see "her".

BeBe was nice, he sniffed and the licked their foreheads.

Then got super freaked out because they started to look for nipples haha

Had it out with MIL. SHe lets her cats outdoors and doesn't treat them well. She wants Pip. Told her no. She said oh well Pip can stay in the bed room blah blah blah.

Told her, Pip isn't ready yet anyway.

She said hold on to her for me.

I said no again lol

Now she's not talking to us. Oh well.

does anyone else have that problem? I always get these irresponsible people begging to have one of my kittens that get mad when I say no or (my fav.) ask for a high adoption fee that I know they won't pay.

bw, they haven't been tested for fiv/felv yet, planning on that when they get fixed (Sept 9th). I know a stray I trapped in Feb had FeLV...should I be concerned about BeBe licking them? I don't allow contact until they're tested.

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've lost quite a few possible friendships over things like that. I also have horses, and the minute ppl learn you have horses, they think that they should be allowed to ride them. Of course, everyone of them considered themselves expert riders, i mean, "I used to rent down at the local stable etc blah blah blah. ) When I say no that they are not for riding ppl get upset. My horses weigh in at 1100 lbs and 1500lbs. they are not for others to ride. I would never let anyone inflict physical pain due to not knowing the proper way to ride. same with my cats, and dogs. No body gets them. I don't care how much they claim to love them. It's not going to happen. don't let it get you down. My grandmother had a saying "they will get glad in the same skin they got mad in" and it is so true.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Khayos

bw, they haven't been tested for fiv/felv yet, planning on that when they get fixed (Sept 9th). ....should I be concerned about BeBe licking them? I don't allow contact until they're tested.
Of the contagious cat diseases distemper and cat flu are the really contagious. (this is why these vaccines are the most necessary and mostly used). The other diseases arent very contagious, thanks God. They are demanding much contacts /blood contact, AND often also a suppressed immun defence, or high stress in the milieu.

So I do hope, casual licking by a healthy, sound cat shouldnt not caugh these other diseases. Thus, dont worry unless you are fairly safe they ARE sick.

That said, I wholeheartly do recommend strickt quarantene until they have a clean health bill from a good vet, and especielly so if the residents are indoor cats.

Anthing else must be on the rescuers own, calculated risk.

khayos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're getting adopted together! I was kinda weary because the guy is only 20 but we talked for a couple hours and he was really nice with them and I felt really comfortable about it. I even went to petco with him and he basically bought anything I suggested lol it was awesome.

they're still with me but after their vet appointment they'll be going home.

Just another Q, if you use Rescue remedy do you use the dropper or the spray?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great thread!

I do have a question though, does this young man understand that he is getting feral kittens that are not quite fully socialized?

perhaps you could give him this website, and suggest he join us here and keep us updated, and get help if needed.....

khayos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he had no idea what I was talking about at first. He's got all my contact info and I told him I'll be calling him to check in every so often.

Pip I'm still concerned with. She still gets jumpy and hisses. She did that to him when he reached for her so he just gave her some chicken and let her be. Squeak loved him though - well he loves everyone lol he's so cute. I'm going to miss them so much.

I'm wanting to send them off with some feliway or rescue remedy to help. I've been using feliway but rescue remedy seems to be cheaper and I keep hearing good things about it.