7 Weeks Old Kitten Vomiting After Deworm

Fat Felix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 7 weeks old kitten vomited twice after being dewormed. First time was 7-8 hours after being dewormed and second time was 5 hours after the first vomiting incident. I didn’t see any worms, just chunks of her food. She doesn’t seem weak or lethargic though. Is this normal?

Ps. I’m from the Philippines and there is a huge storm brewing. Going to the vet in the morning might not be a possibility.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fat Felix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! How are things now?
She’s doing a bit better, I guess. She defecated earlier and but it wasn’t wet and there I didn’t see any ring worms. She vomited again but it was just small chunks of food again, but just a really small amount. She’s eating and drinking fine. I don’t understand why she’s vomiting.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It depends somewhat on the dewormer. Some are milder, some are a little of "horse medicine" ie quite hard on the patient...

Its not supposed to happen, but I know it happens now and then, both throwing ups, and even the kitten visibly affected by deworming.

As long it doesnt get worse than some vomiting several hours apart, its not that bad.
But give a somewhat smaller dosage next time you deworm with this dewormer, if this is possible.

Good luck with the kitten - AND with the oncoming storm!

F Fat Felix