7 weeks kitten

mriaclj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I have recently adopted a kitten. The person told me that she was fine to be adopted and only now I understand I should have researched a bit more before doing it. I only discovered she was about 6 1/2 weeks (now 7 1/2) old when I got her. I was really frightened to learn that's far too young to adopt, but then again she's completely fine on her own. She hasn't cried after her mother or littermates, has never hidden away from anyone in the house, she can use the litterbox perfectly, and eats well. Really likes wet food. I have no complaints about her in those areas. Still, is there anything I should be worried about here? I don't have any other pets and I don't believe that taking her back to her mother now is a good idea.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just enjoy her! She’ll need to begin vaccinations soon and should be spayed around 12 weeks. Set an appointment with your vet for about 2 weeks from now. We’d love to see pictures! :)

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she will be fine congratulations. Seems like she's settling in nicely. When I got my oldest cat I was told he was 8 weeks and mum had nothing to do with the kittens anymore, I suspect he was about 6 weeks. He's 3 years old now and a lovely boy. Don't worry and we love pictures of kittens hint hint.