7 Week Pregnant Cat Not Showing Or Pink Nipples

Katiebug94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I need some advice or help. My 2 year old siamese named halo I believe to be pregnant. She was in heat mid December and I believe she was caught by my two males around December 13th. So she should be 7 weeks along and shes not really gaining any weight and her nipples look normal. Shes nesting like crazy and I made her a spot in my sons pack n play. She follows me everywhere I go and I have been feeding her kitten food for the last couple weeks. I'm just starting to wonder if maybe shes not pregnant or will she gain weight last minute?! Please someone help!!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I'm not super familiar with pregnant kitties, but the nesting makes it sound as though she is - and the weight gain should start happening :)
Do you have a vet that you trust?
Smart and good on you giving her the kitten food :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katiebug94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did take her to a vet which told me pretty much to have her fixed while she's still pregnant. I was not okay with that obviously. They felt around on her tummy didn't tell me anything but tell me if they felt any babies and pretty much just told me that an ultrasound is $150 which I don't have that money. She only has two weeks left so I'm praying does she really starts gaining weight fast.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know a lot, so hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in.
Are you actually weighting her? or just looking at her and she doesn't appear to be gaining? A cat is normally pregnant for 61-72 days, so she still should have time left, however the fact that her nipples haven't pinked up yet is odd. The kittens grow most towards the end, I would guess that if it's a small litter she might not show much if at all. It's not uncommon for first litters to be small maybe even only one or two kittens. Keep in mind though that small litters could mean bigger kittens too, which may need emergency assistance.

It is also possible that when you brought her in the vet may have accidentally (or on purpose since they wanted you to spay her and kill the unborn kittens) caused a miscarriage, and the kittens have been or are being reabsorbed. I know it can happen when people aren't careful when feeling around in the belly, and/or if the cat was really stressed by the vet visit.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A hearty welcome to you Katiebug94. At 49 days pregnancy your cat should be showing a change in her nipples. I believe that an experienced vet should be able to tell if she is pregnant but only an ultrasound would of course show the number of kittens. It could be that she is not pregnant.

Our experienced members will be able to advise you better.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you a breeder? Do you have a mentor who would be able to advise?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it has been 7 weeks since her last heat, she is not gaining weight and you have not noticed any change in her nipples, she is probably not pregnant. Cats do not always get pregnant when they mate.

I'm guessing that she isn't part of an intentional breeding program, since you said she mated with two different male cats. So in that case, I would agree with your vet that it would be a good idea to have her spayed soon (and have your males neutered). If you are not comfortable spaying her when there is a possibility that she might be pregnant, you could wait a couple of weeks before spaying her... but you should make sure to keep her completely separate from your males, as she could come into heat any time, and your males would probably notice before you would.

Katiebug94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
"lutece, well I'm not definite if she is but 3 of her nipples are starting to turn pink. I hope that the vet didnt hurt any of the babies. Shes definitely eating alot. Im feeding her kitten food and she is nesting back and fourth between my bedroom and my son's crib.

Katiebug94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anybody have a facebook so I can show u pics of her? I can not figure out this website. Sorry guys. I have pics of her nipples and just need some help.

Katiebug94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I'm not a breeder. Never ment for this to happen.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? We can help you to find a low cost spay/neuter center to fix your males now.

Katiebug94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm in ocala fl, definitely dont have the money to do it right now.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some very affordable options, as low as $20 per cat:

https://www.marioncountyfl.org/depa...es/animal-center-and-services/neuter-commuter

Services/Pricing | TLC PetSnip

Low Cost Animal Hospitals of Central Florida - Spay, Neuter, Rabies Vaccine - Orlando, FL Area

Please make it a priority to have this done. Save $5 a week if you can. You will have far more expenses if you allow your cats to mate and have litter after litter. Even raising one litter will cost more than a spay, and that's if no veterinary help is needed.