7 week old Kittens

acarper21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I currently have two kittens that a 7-8 weeks old and in a week or two they will being going to the pet store to be apopted out to some lovely families. They said they can not have fleas. What can I put on them to get rid of any they may have that won't hurt them?
Thanks in advance!

brittbs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
someone told me to use joy dish soap and when you bathe them in it don't put a lot of soap on em, and when you get done rinsing them, rub them with a towel until they're dry, while your rubbing them the dead fleas should fall off

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually the best thing to use is Dawn Liquid detergent- not very much. The soap will NOT kill the fleas, it simply stuns them. Once the kittens have been bathed and dry, comb them out with a flea comb- this is a small comb with tiny tines. Then drop the fleas into a bleach-water solution in a jar and that kills the fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

acarper21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much you two. I done had one bad accident with flea application I am not trying to have another. Thanks so much everyone so great and the babies will be glad to know its going to be ok