7 Month Old Vomiting

Yourbratiness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my female cat philomena was spayed about 2 weeks ago. Healing fine and acting normal. A couple days ago I noticed liquid stool in the liter box and was planning on watching to see any other symptoms. There’s been some solid and some liquid since. She was normal this morning and over the past few hours she threw up initially a lot of food and then 3 times since liquid. She’s a curious kitty and I did come down this morning to coupons chewed up. She’s lethargic right now and isn’t purring when I pet her like normal. Do you think she ate something and is reacting?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Thanks so much for coming here! Well, I'm not a vet, but can you call her vet and tell them about this, including the coupons? It's possible she needs a food change, however it would be better to make sure the vet is aware and letting you know of anything else that might be going on. Hang in there, and thank you for being such a caring cat person!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcom to TCS.
Have you noticed any worms in her stool? Worms can definitely cause both of these symptoms.
Also, what color is the diarrhea? Is it a yellowish color with an awful smell? I mean nose violating awful, not just poop awful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yourbratiness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are closed today and was going to call them in the morning to see if they want to see her. I’m keeping an eye on her to see if it subsides at all. She did just use the liter box and her poop was solid which is good but if it continues to be liquid I will call the 24 hour vet in the area. So far no other symptoms that worry me it’s just that it’s a couple of times an hour for the past couple of hours

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the meantime, make sure she has plenty of fluids. You may want to give her some unflavored Pedialyte in her drinking water. If you can't get that, then StefanZ StefanZ has a recipe for homemade. Since she's been vomiting with diarrhea, she needs electrolytes in her system.

Yourbratiness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcom to TCS.
Have you noticed any worms in her stool? Worms can definitely cause both of these symptoms.
Also, what color is the diarrhea? Is it a yellowish color with an awful smell? I mean nose violating awful, not just poop awful.

It’s somewhat solid and smells how it usually does. I don’t see any worms by looking at it. I would assume it would be obvious correct? It also doesn’t appear to be a yellow color again I would assume I’d see it and not have to think about it?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s somewhat solid and smells how it usually does. I don’t see any worms by looking at it. I would assume it would be obvious correct? It also doesn’t appear to be a yellow color again I would assume I’d see it and not have to think about it?
Worms are not always obvious. I was thinking possibly Coccidia or Giardia which the only obvious is the color and smell. But since she doesn't have yellow and awful, then you are probably safe from that.
You said she is healing well, I assume you've checked for redness and possible infection then. Is she on any meds or have you changed her diet in any way?

Yourbratiness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No meds and same food since day one. It’s just out of no where. This morning she was running around like a crazy kitty and then over the last few hours walking around aimlessly and throwing up. She’s been laying down for about half an hour and that’s the most since the first throw up. Even with the liquid stool the past couple of days she wasn’t acting strange at all. I have an older cat that’s almost 10 and I thought maybe it was her but now I know it’s the baby. Layla my older one has been fine

Yourbratiness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I checked her tummy no redness and she let me pet her as well without crying or flinching. She hasn’t purred since she’s been sick either. She’s a big time purrer so that’s when I became concerned

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all this info, the best advice that I can personally give is to make sure she stays hydrated and add electrolytes to her water. In the morning get her to the vet. This is not normal.
You can try feeding her less, but more often to see if she can keep it down.
Keep us advised on what the vet said.

Yourbratiness

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys so much for the advise I really appreciate it. I am
Calling the vet as soon as they open in the morning

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Emergency pedialyte
1 cup water 1 teaspoon honey a trifle salt.

If you have mineral water containing different salts - use this.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't usually see the roundworms in their poop until you give them the de-wormer meds, which kill the worms and they come out in the poop, they look like spaghetti. Tapeworms you can sometimes see, because the segments look like rice/sesame seeds on the cat or where they lay.