7 Month Old Female Kitten Has Ear Mites.

darkcrystal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I had taken in this little stray and she has ear mites, (and yes, I know what ear mites look like) I first started using virgin olive oil to clean out her ears. i noticed her ears started to get a little red. so I switched to coconut oil thinking that wouldn't be as harsh, but then she started to loss some of her fur around the base of her ear from all the scratching. I am on a very low income and wanted to know if anyone one knows what I could use on her skin to help sooth the redness and itchiness?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Revolution and Advantage Multi both take care of ear mites with a single application. MUCH more convenient than weeks of treatment often several times a day. They are topicals that are applied high up on the cat's neck to the skin. They are pricey, but well worth it to me. The problem with other treatments is the cat still scratches so bad and it brings on secondary infections as you are finding out. There are several inexpensive creams found at Farm supply stores like Tractor Supply or Orschelns that sooth irritated skin and stop infection, i use them regularly, just make sure they are for cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkcrystal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Revolution and Advantage Multi both take care of ear mites with a single application. MUCH more convenient than weeks of treatment often several times a day. They are topicals that are applied high up on the cat's neck to the skin. They are pricey, but well worth it to me. The problem with other treatments is the cat still scratches so bad and it brings on secondary infections as you are finding out. There are several inexpensive creams found at Farm supply stores like Tractor Supply or Orschelns that sooth irritated skin and stop infection, i use them regularly, just make sure they are for cats!
thank you for the information.