7 Month Old Cat Agression

jaspurrr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten, Jaspurr, just hit the 7 month old mark and is as cute as a button. I got him when he 4 weeks old and his momma rejected him. The unfortunate part is how insanely aggressive this cat is and I'm at my wit's ends with it.

I've tried the yelp and dropping him, I've tried diverting his attention, I've tried time outs, I've tried water (which he loves for some reason). When I have guests over he howls and lunges at them. But even around me, he will start to chatter at me before lunging at me and bitting me hard enough to break skin. He will purposely bite with full intention to bite when I am throwing him toys, and petting him. He will not exhibit signs that he is going to bite (dilated pupils, fast tail flicks, etc.) other than he stops purring while I pet him.

And the discipline. This cat. He will run away so fast, chirp, and have his tail up like he just won. If I yell at him to stop his bad behaviour he either does the same thing or starts running into the wall or under something looking like I'm going to hurt him.

He has moments where he's sweet. Usually after being disciplined or early in the morning before I leave for the day he'll want to cuddle. But the moments he's bad it's a fight in my house. I'm at the point where he might get put back outside with my barn cats where he came from because I can't keep doing this. My hands hurt, my feet hurt, my legs hurt, and my face hurts. Just last week he bounced up from my lap and bit me square in the face and got a free nose piercing as I was talking to a friend.

Is there anything I can do to calm this cat down? Feliway? Some sort of method to help change his behaviour?

Honestly I'm not even sure if something might be wrong with him? When he was 4 months old he did this and it got really bad before he threw up a plush toy that had randomly disappeared in the half an hour I was focussing on my homework instead of him 2 weeks prior. But this bad behaviour has been going on for over a month now, since about 2 weeks after he was neutered at just under 5 months. I just want my sweet kitten back.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten, Jaspurr, just hit the 7 month old mark and is as cute as a button. I got him when he 4 weeks old and his momma rejected him. The unfortunate part is how insanely aggressive this cat is and I'm at my wit's ends with it.

I've tried the yelp and dropping him, I've tried diverting his attention, I've tried time outs, I've tried water (which he loves for some reason). When I have guests over he howls and lunges at them. But even around me, he will start to chatter at me before lunging at me and bitting me hard enough to break skin. He will purposely bite with full intention to bite when I am throwing him toys, and petting him. He will not exhibit signs that he is going to bite (dilated pupils, fast tail flicks, etc.) other than he stops purring while I pet him.

And the discipline. This cat. He will run away so fast, chirp, and have his tail up like he just won. If I yell at him to stop his bad behaviour he either does the same thing or starts running into the wall or under something looking like I'm going to hurt him.

He has moments where he's sweet. Usually after being disciplined or early in the morning before I leave for the day he'll want to cuddle. But the moments he's bad it's a fight in my house. I'm at the point where he might get put back outside with my barn cats where he came from because I can't keep doing this. My hands hurt, my feet hurt, my legs hurt, and my face hurts. Just last week he bounced up from my lap and bit me square in the face and got a free nose piercing as I was talking to a friend.

Is there anything I can do to calm this cat down? Feliway? Some sort of method to help change his behaviour?

Honestly I'm not even sure if something might be wrong with him? When he was 4 months old he did this and it got really bad before he threw up a plush toy that had randomly disappeared in the half an hour I was focussing on my homework instead of him 2 weeks prior. But this bad behaviour has been going on for over a month now, since about 2 weeks after he was neutered at just under 5 months. I just want my sweet kitten back.
How many play sessions does he get daily, and of what approximate duration?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaspurrr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to give him a good half hour to hour play time when I got home and then the same before bed. Lately however he doesn't want to play and chase anything, just puts his ears back, lunges and bites. So I've resorted to multiple play sessions (between 3-4) throughout the evening that are between 5-15 minutes each, to try and save my limbs from certain death since he'll ignore the toys half the time. It's on the higher end of that play amount unless he does hurt me.

This play time change happened when my boyfriend got a corgi puppy, if that might affect that at all since I know he wasn't fond of the scent of the dog when I came home at first but he seemed to get over it not long after and that was 3-4 months ago now.

mrbreezeet1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you take him to the vet all?
Cleopatra was acting mean for a while, hissing, housing and hiding.
Took her to the vet, she cried and cried and cried on the way there.
I think she thought I was getting rid 0 her.
Brought her home, she settled right down.
I think it instilled trust in her and I.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaspurrr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you take him to the vet all?
Cleopatra was acting mean for a while, hissing, housing and hiding.
Took her to the vet, she cried and cried and cried on the way there.
I think she thought I was getting rid 0 her.
Brought her home, she settled right down.
I think it instilled trust in her and I.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I've taken him to the vet for all his first year shots and his neutering. I also bring him back and forth between my apartment and home regularly so he's very used to car rides and enjoys them.

mrbreezeet1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've taken him to the vet for all his first year shots and his neutering. I also bring him back and forth between my apartment and home regularly so he's very used to car rides and enjoys them.
Guess it won't work in his case. I know it can be very stressful when they're acting like that.
The auto correct changed a word, She was hissing, and Howling, and Hiding.

Hope he settles down for you.