7 cats - how is this fly still alive?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we lived in a house I will never forget the first time there was a mouse! Tuxedo was running like we've never seen him! We didn't see the mouse - but figured out what was going on. By the time we got to the room he ran into, he was happily trotting over with a very live mouse. Dropped him - and chased him again! He did this three times before the mouse ran under the front hall closet door. Four cats pounced at the door with paws swiping under there, poor mouse! I called them into the kitchen for treats (the first time they did NOT immedately come running!) - Gary grabbed a garbage bag - cornered mouse ran into garbage bag and Gary released him down the end of the road.

He probably wound up back in our basement - but as far as we know he was smart enough never to come back upstairs!

...and EVERY SINGLE ONE of our cats is a feral rescue! And Tuxie was outside for his first year!!!!!!!!

...watching them chase this fly (THAT IS STILL HERE!!!! [size=-2](well - maybe this is a new one)[/size]) - we wonder just HOW they would have survived on their own!?!?!?!?!?!?

[size=-2]Of course they wouldn't have survived on flies to begin with - but I'm beginning to wonder if they would have been smart enough to KNOW that![/size]

Silly cats!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On the avatars/graphics? I wasn't smart enough to bookmark - but just search animated cat graphics or animated cat avatars!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I've got a mixture of hunting skills.

Maggie, well she just looks at them & tells the boys to go get them. After all why should the princess be in charge of killing anything.

Levi is a super good stalker, but usually before the fly comes close enough one of the other boys ruins it for him.

Isaac is more of a catch & release guy. Don't think I've ever seen him eat one. He just lets it walk away when he's done playing.

Jordan now he's a good bug killer despite having a spaztic technique. When he was a kitten he would run at the wall jump & try to run up the wall. He still jumps up the wall, but has now figured out he can't climb the wall. He never did learn how to stalk them, he just throws himself at the wall until the fly is close enough for him to catch. In my last appartment I would get the rolly polly bugs that were crunchy. I can't tell you how many nights I woke up to him cruching away on a bug
, followed promptly by him trying to give me a kiss.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Maggie, well she just looks at them & tells the boys to go get them. After all why should the princess be in charge of killing anything.
OK - I am really glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Levi is a super good stalker, but usually before the fly comes close enough one of the other boys ruins it for him.
That is our Spooky. She's willing to do the dirty work - she just isn't quick enough about it.

Isaac is more of a catch & release guy....
The use of this phrase still cracks me up!
I keep thinking of people and fishing!

Jordan now he's a good bug killer despite having a spaztic technique.....
THE SPASTIC TECHNIQUE!
Oh that is just too funny! (Except the rest of it. But like Woody Allen says - YOU fall down a man hole and THAT is funny - I get a hang nail and it's a tragedy!
).

Thanks for more laughs!