65 inch tv

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont know if this is in the right place or not..but members on here that have a 65 inch tv..how do you like it..is it really big..I dont have one yet..but considering it..Anyones insight would be appreciated

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one and it takes up a lot of space.

Remember that a lot of old movies and TV shows won’t have high enough resolution to see well on a TV that big.

Also, I’d seriously consider hard wiring it with a cable from your router instead of relying on WiFi. In my case, that [expletive] thing kept giving me “bad password” errors.

Be sure to have enough clear space; you don’t want doors hitting it for example.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have two 65-inch tvs. Both are Samsung. One is in my shed (the shed is 12 x 20, so not all that large) and the other is in our living room. Yes, it seemed big when we first stated watching tv. But it didn't take long to get used to it and we love them. The one in the living room is hard-wired; the one is the shed runs from the wireless network (but also has cable). Both are on the wall.

The shed tv....this is a picture from January before I got the Samsung sound bar.
Library.jpg

In the shed, I have a few issues with Amazon Prime. I've never had any trouble with Hulu or Disney+. Prime has a tendency to give me fits. It's never been a password problem, but Prime seems to have buffering problems from time to time. I'll be watching something and it will get wonky. If it goes on too long it will say, "Sorry! Try again later!" :livid: If I go into the house to watch the same show on Prime in the bedroom, it will be fine (the bedroom has the Amazon Fire Stick and is a 48-inch JVC). It's happened three times that I can think of, right off-hand.

Older shows don't use all the space. They're shown on a square on the tv. But I didn't find it particularly annoying. I'm talking about 1980s and 90s shows, not anything older than that.

As for the tv itself, I love our Samsung. So does Rick. I connected the sound bar in the shed in February. Awesome! I say go for it. I don't think you'll be sorry.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it depends on the size of your home. For me 65" would be massive. I have an open concept single floor detached inlaw with a loft. Has low ceiling as a result of the loft. I have a 32" smart tv and it is perfect in relation to the rest of the living space.

I personally don't like a tv that overpowers the focal points of the living room such as the fireplace (tvs on the mantle are hideous) or furniture. Especially if said furniture is leather. I love the old farmhouse look and big tvs ruin it.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My spouse purchased one of those and it is too big. Seriously, he agrees with me that it is too big. It hides the opening of a never used fireplace (air quality issues). Even though it is not in the way we both wish he would have returned it for something smaller even though the room is large enough for it. It really is kind of creepy I think. I hate watching it and never do as I have a smaller one in my studio. If you choose to buy one I suggest you make sure it has a return policy that is easy. My spouse just did not take the time and effort to change it to a smaller one and he regrets that he kept it. It has been 2 years since he got it and he still cannot get used to the size. I doubt he ever will. Hope this helps your decision.