6 months kitten, not eating a lot but sleeping a lot

kbc2021

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all. I am seeking some advice, first cat owner.

My kitten is about 6.5 months old and in recent days he has been eating less, one day, he has only eaten 25g of wet food.

He is often a picky eater and although wet food used to be a struggle, he would in the end give in to eat it. Now... He could flat out refuse to eat it and even the dried food (he used to love) has been eating a lot less.

He doesn't show any pain and when he does play, seems normal. He seems to always want to sleep too.

He hasn't been neutered yet and is this characteristic of him reaching the stage where I need to get this done? His toilet duties are still normal.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is not normal for a kitten or any cat for that matter. He really needs to see your vet to help find out why his appetite has declined so much.

Cats are good at hiding pain and general feelings of being unwell. Cat can not go more than a day or so without eating as they can develop fatty liver disease.

I'd make an appointment and also go out and get some small cans of new food to see if any of them gets him interested to eat before you're seen by the vet.