6 month old (Raw diet) Mouth Ulcers {worried mama}

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Aw, how terribly, terribly sweet! Well - bittersweet, really. :heart2: I'm so glad that with your daughter's love and your combined care, Tiggy is thriving so well! You'll get Charlie there too. :nod:

Other than our first two (that we rescued as feral kittens, but no health issues), all of ours are rescue kitties with special needs too. We got really involved in rescue because of the batch of kittens that turned up in the yard. We adopted out the healthy ones, and kept the ones that needed ... help. :rub:

...I'm so so sorry about your loss. :rbheart: If it will help you, you can post a tribute to your baby in the Crossing the Bridge forum. :heart2: Sadly, there are too many people that can relate to your loss. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: My husband and I have been lucky enough not to lose any of our kitties yet. We first got involved in cats in 2001, and adopted our first indoor-only (the first two) pets in 2002.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfcoon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
'Help' is quite appropriate isn't it!?

My daughter is desperate for more but I think with these 2 we will have a number of battles to win before they're both quite settled. Right now they're sitting at the door because they have infuriated a male Fantail so much that he is stopping them from going outside onto the deck. Neither one knows what to do, the battle lines are drawn and Tiggy decides that to win Mr. Fantail over, he must begin singing to it. Which upsets it further.

I do worry about the Calici as the ulcers Charlie has look like the ones online. I will give it a week of supplements and then try a new vet. There are only so many but one has to be a winner. I will also try the EPO on the ulcers but will give him a few days to adjust to the supplements as I don't want to overwhelm the kiddo. 

This was Charlie the week before we took him home. Wasn't he just super gorgeous? But here he appears, to me now, to be quite undersized as his sisters were much larger, and his coat condition was so, so poor. I just couldn't say no to that face though. If I had known how much work he would become, I might have thought better of it, so best to have not known!