6 month old kitten viciously attacked family member

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skysky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could she have stepped on him or something of that sort? Maybe told him to get out of the way with a hard nudge? Those would make some cats snap. I agree with Bastfriend (of all due respect, of course.)

I can't stand it when people call cats demons, especially my own. It drives me insane. I can understand how you would be upset. And being quarantine for 10 days would be very angering!

I wish the best for your cat!
@Whisperer  I'm sure it was something along the lines of that. She admitted to moving him with her foot and at first he wouldn't move. So, it sounds like she was a little more aggressive with the nudge. I absolutely hated hearing people call him a demon cat. I would go into full defense mode and question them about the times their dogs that would have either dog aggression or would have to be put in the other room while they had company over. So many people have a double standard when it comes to cats vs dogs. Dog lovers will let their dogs get away with anything, but if the cat does the same exact thing it becomes "the cat from hell" or a "demon cat." Oh well I guess.

@Ettina  The day I called the vet the receptionist or whoever that I had spoken to had said to me, "The only way to find out if he has rabies is to chop his head off and send it in to be tested." Furious does not put justice to how peeved I was to have this girl show no compassion. I guess bed side manner does not apply to animal situations lol.

@Sarah Ann  the hospital bill wasn't too outrageous. $175 for the 10 day stay and also for microchip was $20. Since I've been with this animal hospital for 15 years and having 6 dogs they allow me to do payments if needed.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay! So glad your little guy is finally home! :banana2:

I've been following your story and praying for a happy outcome for everyone involved. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a typed, official looking letter from the vet where he was quarantined stating that they observed absolutely no aggressive behavior from your cat while he was there. Or maybe from one of the techs who commented on how much they liked him. That way if your aunt starts in on the demon cat BS again, you have something 'official' that says otherwise to show her (or anyone else she may have spoken to ). I agree with what you and others have speculated - that was no gentle nudge she gave him.

There have been a couple threads on here lately about cats biting and scratching and the 'victim' calling animal control. The whole thing baffles me. Why do people do that when the cat belongs to a friend or neighbor and is obviously healthy? Do they think people are in the habit of keeping rabid, disease ridden, wild animals in their homes as pets? Animal control has much more serious issues on which to use their limited resources. I'm so sorry you and your kitty went through all this. It seems like a major over reaction on the part of your aunt. Oooh, and that receptionist was SO out of line and heartless with her comment. Unprofessional is the nicest word that springs to mind. Yeesh.

Do you plan to keep him isolated in your room or somewhere for a few days? I was thinking he might need a gentle reintroduction to your home and family, considering the uproar when he left. Sending you much vibes, and hope things go smoothly for you two from here on out .
:rub: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! So glad your little guy is finally home!

I've been following your story and praying for a happy outcome for everyone involved. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a typed, official looking letter from the vet where he was quarantined stating that they observed absolutely no aggressive behavior from your cat while he was there. Or maybe from one of the techs who commented on how much they liked him. That way if your aunt starts in on the demon cat BS again, you have something 'official' that says otherwise to show her (or anyone else she may have spoken to ). I agree with what you and others have speculated - that was no gentle nudge she gave him.
Great to hear Skylar is back home.  I totally agree with having the vet write a letter.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! So glad your little guy is finally home!

There have been a couple threads on here lately about cats biting and scratching and the 'victim' calling animal control. The whole thing baffles me. Why do people do that when the cat belongs to a friend or neighbor and is obviously healthy? Do they think people are in the habit of keeping rabid, disease ridden, wild animals in their homes as pets? Animal control has much more serious issues on which to use their limited resources. I'm so sorry you and your kitty went through all this. It seems like a major over reaction on the part of your aunt. Oooh, and that receptionist was SO out of line and heartless with her comment. Unprofessional is the nicest word that springs to mind. Yeesh.

There are so many people out there who are cat haters. The ones who call animal control like that would not call Child Services to report a child being abused, but any excuse to see a cat suffer is right up their alley.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After all this waiting he's finally back home!! He seems a little skittish and lost some weight but he fell asleep with me. They never called me to get him I ended up calling 20 minutes before they closed and asked what was going on. At first she said oh yes he's fine. So I said that's not really what I'm calling about. You were supposed to call me when he was ready to be picked up. I waited for her to figure out what was going on. She came back and said you canpick him up at any time. -.- I was not happy since it was already not enough time to get to their hospital I had some choice words. I couldn't sleep at all they opened at 6 am I left my house at 5 to get him. Everything checked out to be fine. The staff loved him. He really took to one of the girls. Which made me really happy to hear.

Thank you guys for all the support. Let's just hope for better days to come. One stressful year.
So glad to hear he is back home.
I hope the rest of your year is better.

cattusanimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are so many people out there who are cat haters. The ones who call animal control like that would not call Child Services to report a child being abused, but any excuse to see a cat suffer is right up their alley.:soap:
It is horrible, but I believe you are completely correct. The sort of people who do such ignorant and hateful things, are exactly the type that remind me why I prefer animals. Going after a defenseless creature, that most likely only scratched/bit due to fear, is ludicrous.

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad that he's back home!!

I must say that I, too, am a dog lover, but I love cats just the same and will not call either "hell-demons" or anything of the sort when they do something wrong! It drives me crazy!

Hopefully there are no more issues! :rbheart:

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I honestly tell my kitty buddy he is evil. He likes to brute and I'm trying to break him of it. But now I'm a pillow glade his hime