6 Month Old Kitten Eating Less?

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My now 6 month old kitten had been previously eating 3 times a day. Now, he only wants to eat 2 times a day (every twelve hours). He used to eat at 8am, 2pm, 8pm. Now he doesn’t want to eat at 2pm, only 8pm. Is this normal? I took him to the vet and they said he’s healthy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I think there may be a growth spurt coming.
Would you consider trying a different food?
That wouldn't be a bad idea anyway, to help your kitten to be more familiar with different foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I think there may be a growth spurt coming.
Would you consider trying a different food?
That wouldn't be a bad idea anyway, to help your kitten to be more familiar with different foods.
Hi,
So would it be normal for him to eat less for a while and then more when he goes through a growth spurt?
He’s on a supplemented raw diet, I rotate the meats (rabbit, chicken, duck). This last time I gave him duck but I’m switching back to chicken and rabbit now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Every cat is so different, and I'm not a nutritionist but I would think it's certainly possible. More likely he's liking the protein a little less...?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every cat is so different, and I'm not a nutritionist but I would think it's certainly possible. More likely he's liking the protein a little less...?
I’m guessing he doesn’t like duck that much. I’m going to try to switch to chicken and rabbit because he previously loved that.