6 day old kitten very huge! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not stress Mom out by taking her away from the others.  May run the risk of her having milk issues as they feed on demand or her getting back into heat sooner.  

lorelei80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I personally would bring this little guy to a vet as soon as possible. This does not look like a feeding/digesting issue to me!
The large swelling on one side looks serious and painful. It needs medical care.
Good luck little one!

sunset97

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I personally would bring this little guy to a vet as soon as possible. This does not look like a feeding/digesting issue to me!
The large swelling on one side looks serious and painful. It needs medical care.

I also agree.  This kitten needs to see a vet ASAP.  That bulge on it's side is not normal. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexander3110

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
-Update-

I have decided to take him to a vet and attempt to keep him there until the vet find a way to help him with his problem. Sadly that would have to wait for tomorrow since its Friday most vets are off for the day, I will keep updating this until I have found the solution for the sake of anyone going through the same issue.

sunset97

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope the vet can find out what is wrong.  Praying he will be ok.  Keep us posted.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not sure where you live but if in the USA, try to find an AAHA certified vet hospital.  They usually have the equipment to do an ultrasound and that will tell right away what is wrong,  It is possible he has internal damage like a hernia and the organs are shifting out of the abdominal cavity.  Not all vets have ultrasound but in this  case it would be what I would expect them to do.  X-rays do not always show soft tissues clearly like an ultrasound does.  Good luck!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexander3110

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I am sad to say the cat died yesterday night at around 8:29PM the problem was he was born with a missing lung and there was a hole in his stomach causing the milk digested to spill out. Life can be very hard on those who are weak, but alas I just hope he is in a better place and he can finally RIP. 

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sad.  No wonder the poor little guy was always nursing, he could never get his tummy full.  Thank you for having him examined to find out what the problem was, and thank you for sharing this with us.    If anyone else has a kitten born with the same problem, it will help us have an idea what might be wrong.  Very sorry for your loss

View media item 225544

Status
Not open for further replies.