5months still drink mum's milk

ladyifah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both of my kittens is 5 months 3 days now. But they still drink milk from their mum. Is that okay? Or should i stop them? ?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are all happy with the arrangement then it's OK.  I suspect she has very little milk and it's more comfort suckling.  I take it all are healthy and well and the kittens are growing?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, very normal. .Mum will stop it when she's done.

Hopefully all are spayed/neutered by now. Male kittens can mate with their mother from 4 months, and females are best spayed before their first heat, again from 4 months. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladyifah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg! I never knew they can mate with their mum from 4 mnths old! I left with 2 kitties female now. The male was given away but planning to take it back. I pitt my kitties going for spaying since they are still young. Thank you for telling me anyway. Thanks again everyone

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens can be spayed and neutered from 8 weeks, I do my litters at 10 as it fits in between their 2 kitten vaccinations at 8 & 12 weeks

Mum also needs spaying if she hasn't been yet, going through heat cycles carries health risks - some of them deadly