5g

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last few months we've had the misfortune of having AT&T contractors busily installing a 5G antenna a mere few feet from the corner of our living room, right at the level of our apartment. It's kind of been freaking me out. Tomorrow I can take a picture of it. They've been testing it with all the other 5G antenna stations swarming up all over my city's street light poles, electricity lines, who knows where all they are putting these things. Do any of you have any knowledge, experience, thoughts, opinions on this massive, pretty much world-wide 5G invasion? I was trying to search 'effects of 5G antennas' in a search engine a few hours ago... and I am not very happy right now. They will be everywhere.
:angryfire:

(I guess if this is a possible IMO thread, mods can move it there?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I have to say I didn't stop to think about it much, until I read your post, and tried to envision what this is like for you. :nervous:
Hi Furballsmom Furballsmom , good morning! - I don't doubt it will happen, or is happening, to a lot of people's cities and towns. Won't be long before you see this happening around you, too!

----

edit: By the way, we never got any notification or information they were going to do this. Each time they worked on the line, they came in the dead of night, working for hours each night. They woke us up a lot. The only way we found out what was actually happening was that Mr. PushPurr was walking to work one morning and, on his way downtown, he saw other workers doing the same thing to another light pole/electric line. He took the initiative and asked the guys about it. They told him it was AT&T setting up the 5G network, that they were antennas, and that there are going up all over the place, practically on every block and 1/2 block.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no useful knowledge about any of this. Are wi-fi signals like bluetooth? Because my iMac's mouse and keyboard are wireless. Is this the same thing? Does it pose the same risk? My wi-fi is also 5G. Didn't know they were doing that now but when I switched service providers, this was the only option - the 5G.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! WiFi and Bluetooth have different hardware that devices can "connect" to and then communicate like your mouse and keyboard.
Risk, as in security risk? Bluetooth is a greater security risk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no useful knowledge about any of this. Are wi-fi signals like bluetooth? Because my iMac's mouse and keyboard are wireless. Is this the same thing? Does it pose the same risk? My wi-fi is also 5G. Didn't know they were doing that now but when I switched service providers, this was the only option - the 5G.
Yeah, I was kinda hoping people with knowledge might chime in but... :dunno:

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily , you can do a search on words or terms like I started to do, and maybe come up with some more info on the microwaves, different types, etc. I think after I started reading some pages, I just decided to stop (for now).

... a 5G antenna a mere few feet from the corner of our living room, right at the level of our apartment. ...
It is right outside our windows but maybe about 11-20 feet.** So I guess we are "safe". We plan on living here a while, so I hope so, lol. :eek:

I managed to get a photo yesterday and in so doing, could decipher what the sign near the contraption says.
"Caution - keep back _____ Feet From this Antenna. FCC RF Public Exposure Limits May Be Exceeded Within This Distance. ..." [It then gives a ph. number for "Instructions"] and states "... Qualified Workers: FCC Occupational Limits May Be Exceeded Within This Distance."
**The blank line there (in the quote above) has the number "3" inserted. 3 Feet. :ruminating:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to research this more but my hypocondria would suck up all the information and convince me that I will contract a horrible life-threatening disease from using my computer and talking on my cellphone.