56 days pregnant cat possibly hurt her belly by jumping/birth and kittens

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat loves high spaces. Now she is 56 days pregnant and instead of being lazy or lethargic she is still jumping to sit on high cupboards, tables etc. today she was trying to jump on to a cupboard which is around 4-5 feet and hit her belly. Then she normally walked off. And then after sometime again tried to climb it again from another side. Is it possible that she may have hurt the kitten. How strong is an amniotic sac of kitten ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are quite sturdy. A heavy money bet is nothing happened. Esp if she behaves as usual, just a shade less adventurous.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is the cupboard door open? She may be looking for a nesting spot. Have you set up nests for her around the house? Cats love dark, private spaces. Perhaps arrange a closet floor for her with a nest and show it to her, and leave the door slightly ajar for her to come and go.

As StefanZ StefanZ said, kittens are well protected inside their sacs in the uterus of mom’s belly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the cupboard door open? She may be looking for a nesting spot. Have you set up nests for her around the house? Cats love dark, private spaces. Perhaps arrange a closet floor for her with a nest and show it to her, and leave the door slightly ajar for her to come and go.

As StefanZ StefanZ said, kittens are well protected inside their sacs in the uterus of mom’s belly!
I have put her nesting box at a private place. She has started going in and sitting there for a few minutes.
she is jumping on furniture that’s in a ae lit and open space. In fact she even plays running around everyday in the morning around 4:30 ish( it’s a fixed time and routine 😅) like usual, with the male cat. They chase each other and she runs really fast and jumps here and there at 57 days of pregnancy. I’m just scared if anything happens to the kittens 🙈 I am unable to find any information regarding the Amniotic sac of cats. Everytime I google dogs or humans pop up or cat delivery videos/posts. Looking for reassurance and experiences of people here 🙈

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well lit**

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No

the cupboard door wasn’t opened. She is jumping to the top of the cupboard. And pretty much evey other thing that has a top😅

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Somehow her adventurous side isn’t mellowing out yet. I am genuinely anxious 😅🙈
In nature, high pregs must manage... Survival of the fittest, literally...

But a healthy woman in excellent physical fit does manage much also as high preg.

I have known of several female athletes whom did competitive sports with well visible preg belly... Including a keeper in soccer. Her doctor wasnt happy, but she / they did.
But dont do it at home, unless you ARE a top trained athlete... As your cat seems to be. :)

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven’t gotten any of them neutered.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please keep your male cat away from mom and kittens for the foreseeable future. Mom can get pregnant again right away, and female kittens are fertile as young as 4 months old.

If you are breeding, mom should only have one litter per year to give her time to raise her litter and for her body to recover.

Do you work with a breeder’s association? They can be very helpful.

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Will be giving away the kittens after they turn 2.5 months old. If I do decide to keep a kitten I will definitely get it neutered( No inbreeding for sure!)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will more than likely be fine. There is a cushion of fluid in the sacs too. My outside cats jumped impossibly high when they were very pregnant too, they don't slow down at all. They were walking around on the roof after scaling lattice. It is a scary time. She will be slowing down on her own accord most likely at around 60 days, that big belly throws them off balance. I wish you well!

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She will more than likely be fine. There is a cushion of fluid in the sacs too. My outside cats jumped impossibly high when they were very pregnant too, they don't slow down at all. They were walking around on the roof after scaling lattice. It is a scary time. She will be slowing down on her own accord most likely at around 60 days, that big belly throws them off balance. I wish you well!
Thank you so much. That’s comforting to know.
It’s 62 days today and she is still jumping around like usual. 😅

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Queen just delivered her first kitten half an hour ago but she hasn’t cut the placenta it’s still attached to the kitten. She is cleaning the kitten. Then she takes a break. Then she cleans again. But placenta is still attached to the kitten. Will she cut it later or is it cause of concern?

Do I intervene now or should I wait for her to cut the placenta herself ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may chew it off eventually, but feel free to help her by pinching off the cord yourself about one inch from the naval. Make sure there is no bleeding. If so, tie the cord with dental floss before pinching off.