50 years today

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We did it! At 8:00 tonight, we will have been married 50 years. It's not been easy and it all wasn't fun. But we did it and it's been worth all of it. I can't imagine going through my life with anybody but Rick. He has been my best friend forever.

I met him when I was 12 and he was 16. We got married when I was 16 and he was 19 (just getting ready to turn 20). His birthday is May 4, so I always said that that year, he got me as a birthday present. :lol:

We're not doing anything this weekend. But we're going out to dinner on Monday. And.....shhh, he doesn't know.....I'll make him breakfast in bed on Tuesday.

My sister and I were planning a huge birthday bash for both Rick and my BIL because they both turn 70 in May. Covid stopped that. Even though we can have it outside by the pool (their pool, not ours), neither she nor I still didn't feel comfortable being around people who aren't vaccinated. Same reason Rick and I didn't have a party for our 50th. Maybe later on this summer, more toward fall, we can do a picnic. We'll see how things go.

It's all OK.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did it! At 8:00 tonight, we will have been married 50 years. It's not been easy and it all wasn't fun. But we did it and it's been worth all of it. I can't imagine going through my life with anybody but Rick. He has been my best friend forever.

44444:lol:

We're not doing anything this weekend. But we're going out to dinner on Monday. And.....shhh, he doesn't know.....I'll make him breakfast in bed on Tuesday.

My sister and I were planning a huge birthday bash for both Rick and my BIL because they both turn 70 in May. Covid stopped that. Even though we can have it outside by the pool (their pool, not ours), neither she nor I still didn't feel comfortable being around people who aren't vaccinated. Same reason Rick and I didn't have a party for our 50th. Maybe later on this summer, more toward fall, we can do a picnic. We'll see how things go.

It's all OK.
CONGRATULATIONS! thats so very cool "I met him when I was 12 and he was 16" :lol:you took advantage of him in his old age hehe

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY 50th! And here’s for more happy years to come for both of you!

I love hearing stories of forever afters, especially when its about having to spend a lifetime with first loves. It makes me smile, being a hopeless romantic that I am. Stories like yours make me believe there is true love afterall.

Congratulations!!