$50 per month, on sale

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 60$ a month for my spoiled kitty. She gets Royal Canine dry and then 1 portion of high quality wet per day. She needs a good diet though or she get an upset tummy and I'll smell it for days.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow!!! How many cats is that for on average?

I'm beginning to feel like our cats are deprived

They get Felidae dry and only get a small amount each day. I think I spend about $15 on the big tins and they last over a month.

Dry food is also Felidae and we buy the largest bag which lasts 3 months and costs about $26 I think. I'm glad my girls aren't big eaters!
No, Sarah, your cats aren't deprived! We have to feed on average 20 cats per day. I feed primarily a raw diet.....the pre-prepared, pre-packaged variety that is very expensive. I'm convinced that the diet I've chosen for my cats is best for them, so I'm willing to spend that kind of cash on them per month so they get what I feel is the best diet.
Bengals DO like their food and they eat quite a bit, so we probably go through more food than most would.
I could probably cut my cat food bill by 2/3 if I just fed dry kibble, but I wouldn't feel I'm doing right by them if I did that. I know some cats do great on just dry, but my guys like their raw food.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For 1 cat -

$10 meat each week = approx $40 month
1.5kg bag Eagle pack dry $48, lasts around 2-3 months he only eats 1/8 cup per day.

Eagle pack cans $2.50 x 10 = $25.00 - he doesn't eat that everyday though so the amount varies.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

LOL, Nial, why does this figure not surprise me?
Maybe because I adopted my princess with champagne tastes and caviar desires from you?

Oh, such lucky, lucky cats!
Sorry Betsy! I know the princess loves you for giving in to her rich & famous tastes! At least she doesn't expect to have her Sheba served in a crystal goblet.
She got it on a paper plate from us.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now we are only feeding dry. I am trying to find a wet food that they like and will feed them a couple times a week. I feed a mixture of Orijen (big bag at $48) and Serengetti (also the big bag at $40) so that's about $88! But, it last our 4 cats for a long time! It's been a month since I started feeding them so I should have a couple more months left on it. I figure it's cheaper this way. I want to occassionally buy them raw medallions as a treat.

Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

My cat food bill is roughly $800 per month, not including the dry Royal Canin kibble. And, no, that's not a typo....it's 800.

Before anyone asks...yes they must eat better than we do.
Nial...your cat food bill sounds astounding, but I believe it! Your kitties are treated very well and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are so beautiful!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 4 cats
about 24ºº every month for kitten food
about 15ºº monthly for whiskas pouches oceanfish the new stuff
then about 12ºº a month for The Good Life
so thats about 51ºº a month

My 3 dogs
Zoey is on Eukanaba Large Breed Puppy 20ºº
Max is in Eukanaba small breed adult 10ºº
Lilly is on Eukanaba Large Breed adult 20ºº
so about 50ºº for them

In total about 101ºº

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even want to think about it...Tyler is on wet food only - lower phos, Tippy and Noel get two 6 oz. cans per day, and the crew gets a 6 oz. can to share every day (Tyler gets a 3 oz. can for overnight, and I assist-feed him 1 to 1+ 6 oz. cans per day along with baby food peas or squash at every meal..and baby food isn't cheap!)

Meds are running over $200 a month at the moment, and re dry food, two kitties - one of them Tyler who will nibble dry on occasion, get a very expensive prescription dry, the rest it's a more reasonable Nutro Natural variety.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, if it helps, I just spent $100 on 80 lbs dry dog food, 40 lbs dry farm cat food, & 18 lbs downstairs kitties dry food. Plus, I bought canned dog & cat food. Thankfully, I've had a stock for most of them. Paid $35 for 15 lbs. dry Fromm for the three kitties upstairs not too long ago. Going to feed the farm cats better, no more mixing in junk like Purina, so expecting the cost to go up a little there.

And for kitty litter, I've got 8 in the house now. So, I buy it 4 30 lb containers at a time(doesn't last long here
). I use:
Special Kitty - 30 lbs $7
Hy Vee brand Multi Cat - 30 lbs. $4.889
Hy Vee Brand Multi Cat Crystals Blend - 30 lbs $8.99
Tidy Cats(not used much) - 20-28 lbs $11-$13
A&H High Performance - 14 lbs $6-$9

I figure about $150-200/month to feed all 15 cats, plus the few come & go strays/ferals. That also includes feeding my two 100 lb & 58 lb dogs, who usually only get dry. The cats eat higher quality food than the dogs, though!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Dry food is also Felidae and we buy the largest bag which lasts 3 months and costs about $26 I think. I'm glad my girls aren't big eaters!
I buy 2 large bags of Wellness at a time and go thru it in about 10 days. I long for the days when a bag would last them more than a few days!!

And meds? Stumpy's patch will run me $250 a month if we need to continue with it. The rest of his meds run me another $50 or so. Then there's the hip dysplasia meds for Spike (about $60 per month) and the heartworm (another $30 or so), then the vitamin stuff (gluco, l-lysine, etc).

I can never quit my job as long as my critters are around......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Sorry Betsy! I know the princess loves you for giving in to her rich & famous tastes! At least she doesn't expect to have her Sheba served in a crystal goblet.
She got it on a paper plate from us.
Whoops - I give it to her in a clear glass bowl that is in a raised dish holder. That's almost like a crystal goblet...almost.

Next thing you know this little goblin will be running around in a tiny tiara.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this might be the reason I'm always broke

I am feeding 12 cats right now and I go thru 2 large bags of Chicken Soup a month, so that's about $45 there and then i feed dinner of Meow Mix cups, 7 cups a day seems to be the right number, so that's approximately 18 12 pack boxes a month, at about 3.60 a box that's $64.80. so $65 plus $45 is $110. Not really that bad! maybe I can afford to up it to Wellness

Litter I probably but 4 buckets of scoop away, at $9.34 for 27 lbs without a coupon and 2 buckets of Tidy cats, with coupon at $11 for 35 lbs so that's another $60.

A really big bag of Chicken Soup dog at $35 lasts me for 3 months for Vino and a bag of his rawhides about once a month is $7.

for Calypso (rat) the cost is realyl negligible, $5 worth of food for her last 3 months, and a bag of carefresh bedding is maybe $15? and that lasts me a few months at least

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeepers! And I thought my cat food and litter bills were out there! They are mild compared to some of you.

We go to Petsmart about every two weeks, and get Pro Plan wet food cans, two cs per trip .63 cents a can, 48 total cans:$30.24 before taxes.
Each month we get one Huge bag, of Pro Plan Salmon and Rice dry food (about 25 pounds I think), that's about $15.00, then I also feed then Purina Naturals, which is about $5 or $6 every two weeks for a 10 pound bag. Total cat food a month: About $55-$57 dollars a month which is good all things considering.

Litter we buy Tidy cat scoopable, get 2 a month, which run about $15.00 each and we also get Tidy cat regular which runs us $6.00 a month. Total litter cost: $36.00
So over all, we spend about $91-$93 dollars on the cats food and litter each month. So if this is the case, why is it that my Petsmart bills are always over $100.00 when we go???

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley's wet food WAS about $35/mo but I've started ordering it from petfooddirect so hopefully that cost will go down. I'm buying dry tomorrow so will see how much I'm paying for that.
Its the 4 or 5 pound bag of California Natural, but the only place to buy it here is a little pet shop that is super expensive. The first bag is just now empty (1 bowl left) and I bought it when I first got him, so it has lasted a month and a half.

Litter is around $7 and lasts 2 weeks.

He gets new toys every week, so maybe $10.

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lets see $30 every 2 months for dry food.

And about $30 a month for wet food.

And a extra $10 a month for the treats and supplements.

and 20 a month for cat litter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Mine get very little wet, it is more of a treat for Boomer who is the only one who can stomach it fine... but I spend $48 on a big bag of Orijen that lasts a month
I just bought the 15.4 lb bag yesterday at our local pet food store and it was $37.99 plus GST and that will last me more than a month.

The Merrick's however, costs me a small fortune. I go through one can minimum per day at $1.69 per can which is over $50 before we even get to the dry. Then there is the bottled water - They drink approximately 4 bottles of water per week and sometimes 5. Then there is the WBCL.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to know what we spend on them per month.

We are still in the process of trying to find better quality wet foods that they will eat so if I tried to figure it out now it probably wouldn't be too accurate.