50 Kittens!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that so many got adopted - we managed to adopt out our 6mo on Sat, she had been with us for months and overlooked (plus 2 kittens), so a good weekend for us too.
It is heartbreaking losing them - I have been lucky this year that out of hte three of us, I am the only one who hasn't had to go through it - the first litter we lost was one where the mum had had 3 litters back to back, so it was obvious that there were going to be issues - doesn't stop it hurting though, and I did meet 3 of them, they were so playful. And we lost a mum cat when she went to be spayed as well, plus 2 oldies - really has been a bad year. I know all rescues get them, but this was my first. I do wish people had to see/hear of these things when deciding not to bother spaying their cat, might just make them think twice. But, like you, I foster for a charity that uses fosterers, so mine are in the house with me and as Tom has been here 14 months, we dont have a timespan on things!! Only prob is that as I am full with oldies, we are turning cats away.

deelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we still have 5 cats so dont think hubby would let us have more
i do wish you luck hope you find the sweet kitties homes

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Which part of Northwest Chicago are you in? I'm in the northwest suburbs. Addison to be exact. I don't think my hubby will let me foster, but if the place you work for is nearby I might be interested in helping out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wow, Becky - that's very heartening. Imagine all those hard to adopt cats & kittens being adopted the same day. Seems too good to be coincidence.
I totally agree. TCS prayers to the rescue!

Today I met with a vet tech who wants to adopt my two 6 week old brown tabbies. Again...it sure looks like a miracle to me. She has been looking for 4 months, but as a vet tech she is very choosy about HEALTHY kittens. She met my 6 brown tabbies today, and said any of them would be fine. However, she is going to take GG and Er, since they are old enough to go in 2 weeks.

And I have been worrying about this little saggy pouch on some of my kittens bellies. She reassured me that it is simply a fat pouch. Most likely due to being fed by two attentive Mommies, but as she said it is a sign of good health that they have that extra fat!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I are negotiating right now. He wants me to stop getting kittens so we can devote time for children some time in the future. I want a sixth cat.

I hope I win.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Which part of Northwest Chicago are you in? I'm in the northwest suburbs. Addison to be exact. I don't think my hubby will let me foster, but if the place you work for is nearby I might be interested in helping out.
Looks like I pass near you every time I drive to Midway airport! We are pretty far apart, though, and I know you don't have any extra rooms where you could segregate cats to foster. Thanks for the offer of help, though!