5 yr. old female ferrell-please help!

crazy_candice29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I have this almost 5 yr. old feral cat, my mom, brother and I have had her ever since she was born considering we rescued her stray mother, who was pregnent. We have tried to tame her a few times but it hasn't worked. We have not had the money to get her spayed, but now we have the money. My moms not sure whether or not getting her spayed will stop her from peeing on everything in the house. Will it also help her to become more friendly with humans? Please Help! I don't want my mom to put down my kitty

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazy_candice29

Okay, I have this almost 5 yr. old feral cat, my mom, brother and I have had her ever since she was born considering we rescued her stray mother, who was pregnent. We have tried to tame her a few times but it hasn't worked. We have not had the money to get her spayed, but now we have the money. My moms not sure whether or not getting her spayed will stop her from peeing on everything in the house. Will it also help her to become more friendly with humans? Please Help! I don't want my mom to put down my kitty
Welcome Candice...absolutely it will help this cat...however, I would also ask the vet to see if she has a Urinary Tract Infection, that is the number 1 reason why cats pee in places other than the litterbox. Cats that have been spayed/neutered do tend to become more affectionate....but the number 1 reason to have her spayed is that it will reduce her chances for getting ovarian cancer.

Katie