5 years from now...

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'' be 30

Fluffy will be 9, Cinnamon will be 9, Tigger will be 6, Gizmo will be 5, and Scooter will be 5.

Hubby and I will both have great jobs & we won't have credit card debt.

The car will have 1 more year & then it will be paid off (7 yr. loan)

We will have kids ...... I think? (not that I don't want them ... just not NOW)

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be the big 3-0!! ACK!!

My daughter will nearly be a teenager!
and my son will be in the double digits!!

My cats will all be adults and we will be out of 'kitten phase' :laughing:

I will not be renting anymore, but will have built my dream house

I will have met in person my cyber- buddies and we will have great memories from Mardi Gras

I will be working at a job I love

I will have finally bought a brand new car

I will have seen at least a couple of my favorite singing artists in concert and my CD collection wil be second to none :laughing:

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First off, Melissa ~ your 30's will be better than your 20's any day!

I'll be 37.

Spawn will be 8 1/2, and probably just as cantankerous and snotty as she is right now. (and I'll love her even more.)

My daughter will be 18 (!) and will more than likely be going to a school somewhere to train to be an FBI agent. (That's what she wants to do! I think it's COOL!)

I'll have FINALLY completed college and be a fully certified CPA.

My Jeep will be 4 years paid off, but I'll have taken on a Corvette payment.

Don't know if I'll be single or married, but I'll be happy one way or the other.

The only "bad" point I can think of is the guinea pigs' life expectancy isn't quite long enough for them to be with me... so I'll probably be mourning their demise.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jin- not sure about the 30's being better than the 20's...I had more fun in my early 20's than now..so I'm assuming it only gets worse
:laughing2

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Melissa, it's more a matter of 'coming into your own', than anything. Of course... it's different for everyone, so who am I to say you'll like it better!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I sure hope thats true. I turn 26 this summer and I'm none to happy about it..I've lived over a quarter of a century
I've already started looking into wrinkle cream and age defying products (not that I have any wrinkles yet..but its never to early to start!
) Is there a support group for this kind of thing?? :laughing2

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's weird! I had a really hard time with '27'. I thought I was headed for the old folk's home! :LOL: Yet, when I was about to turn 30, I was fine! Now it doesn't bother me... but then again I'm in my 'early' thirties... can't wait to see how bad I freak out when I'm in my 'late' thirties!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wait till you turn 30!! I had just moved away from family and friends in California to live in Portland on my own. I was pretty lonely when Nov. 3 rolled around!! Oh, my 20's were MUCH better than what my 30's are like so far!! I would say from 24 through 29 were the best years for me because that is when I met alot of people going clubbing (nightclubs)! I still talk to a few of them.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Turning 30 didn't bother me at all....however I'm not too thrilled with the fact that I will be 37 on my next birthday...that's just too darn close to 40. Where the heck did the time go?????

When I was young, I thought that if you were 40, you had one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel... :laughing:
Gotta rethink my thinking!!!! hahaha

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 years from now I will be 24 and hopefully I will be done with school, have had my wedding (I'm already married, but we didn't have the ceremony yet...we're saving up the money for it
) and traveled to a country that I want to see.

berta

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Five years from now, I'll still be doing day care, but with a different bunch of kids, my oldest should be moving out, my youngest will be in seventh grade, and I'll still be living in my some old house.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
5 years from now, I hope to have won the lottery also! Hahaha!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by adymarie

Viewed as a goddess by my co-workers for my on the job brilliance (just joking - maybe)

Tick! Achieved today. People are walking around and bowing to me.

krissie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll be 29.

Working on (maybe even finishing) my dissertation, getting ready to graduate, and doing whatever I feel I still need to do (publishing, presenting, teaching, etc.) be successful on the (dismal) academic job market.

Still renting, as I'll be poor.

Hoping like heck that there will be a mass retirement of American Lit professors, so there will be jobs open for newbies!
:tounge2: