5 Year Old Cat Vomiting In Morning

greenqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

My 5 year old lady, Boudicca, has been throwing up in the am before being fed. Today will be the second day it has happened. The color of the vomit is green/greenish brown.

She is fed a quarter can wetfood mixed with about a quarter cup dry food at 630pm and 630am everyday.

This is per vet recommendation cause she was getting chubby when we first got her.

What could it be?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Does your cat go outside? Do you have house plants your cat may be nibbling on?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has to have a little snack before bed or he vomits up bile in the morning. He can't go that long without food. The greenish color though sounds disturbing...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does your cat go outside? Do you have house plants your cat may be nibbling on?
Hi! Nope, indoor only and no houseplants. While I can keep cats alive easily, plants are another story, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has to have a little snack before bed or he vomits up bile in the morning. He can't go that long without food. The greenish color though sounds disturbing...
I am wondering if she's not getting enough food. She is veeeerrry food focused before feeding. But she was getting fat! The vet told us to limit her food :( we used to have dry available 24/7

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
G greenqueen

Try leaving some dry food out overnight. Use a high protein food with meat as first ingredient. It is lower calorie but provides high energy. Or did the vet give you special dry food to feed?

If this does not help, please call your vet because green bile is not normal. :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try a snack before bed tonight, it doesn't even have to be extra food, just save a Tablespoon of dry food from her dinner for her bedtime snack. I don't think my cat's vomit was ever green though. Do you give her anything for hairballs once or twice a week? Hairballs can also cause vomiting. She might need a vet visit though, because of the green colored vomit.