5 week old kitten poop problems..help!!

asjones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is 5 weeks old. She was abandoned by her mom at 3 weeks old and when I got her she was really constipated. Her rectum stuck way out and she would strain til she threw up! I took her to the vet who told me to give her an enema and soft food. She went but I had to do the triangle rub and get the poop out. I still have to do it..every day! Today I caught her walking around with poop, sticky not really hard, hanging halfway out her bottom & every time I had to make it come out. Now her rectum is sore and she acts sick! She has leakage too and I am soo worried! What am I doing wrong?! I have had to do an enema 3 times already in 1 week!! Will she die?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you can get  canned crossed pumpkin, plain not flavored, this is often used as a mild but fairly effective mover of bowels.  Have a little in her food every day, makes the movements more regular and shapes up the consistency.  For a grown up it would be perhaps a tea spoon every day, for a kitten less of course.

I hope others will fill in.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asjones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, thank you! I may be overreacting lol, but I have never had kitten so little or with these problems. I just worry about her.