5 week old babies with diarrhea!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your post has been very informative for others. I am glad that they are being treated with Strongid T, I have always had great luck with it. I start using it around 3-4 weeks old, and then repeat every 2-3 weeks, until the kittens go to their adoptive homes.
I hope the kittens feel better soon. You have been a great foster Meowmy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

Your post has been very informative for others. I am glad that they are being treated with Strongid T, I have always had great luck with it. I start using it around 3-4 weeks old, and then repeat every 2-3 weeks, until the kittens go to their adoptive homes.
I hope the kittens feel better soon. You have been a great foster Meowmy!!
Thanks, that is a great idea, to just start it at 3-4 weeks old! And thanks for the complement. It is a bit of an odd hobby, to have kittens...but I like it (mostly).

I dosed them all a few hours ago...so it is probably time to go in and feed them. I left food down since they are so young! But opening a fresh can will get everyone going. And I bought a can of powdered formula, to mix in the dry food to add extra calories to make up for what the worms are sucking away!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Thanks, that is a great idea, to just start it at 3-4 weeks old! And thanks for the complement. It is a bit of an odd hobby, to have kittens...but I like it (mostly).

I dosed them all a few hours ago...so it is probably time to go in and feed them. I left food down since they are so young! But opening a fresh can will get everyone going. And I bought a can of powdered formula, to mix in the dry food to add extra calories to make up for what the worms are sucking away!
It is a great hobby to have!! One to be very proud of.

On the powdered formula, make sure it still has the amount of water needed for the amount of powder used, to prevent constipation.
We love when the kittens get to the age, where they are really into eating, and they learn what "here kitties, kitties" means.
It is hilarious when the new families come to look at the kittens, and you can tell them to call out here kitties, kitties, and you have 4 or 5 kittens all dart to you, from different angles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

How are they doing now??
So much better. All are gaining weight, and doing great. 3 were moved to a new foster home Tuesday, after a vet visit. I still have 3 with their Mom. I'm going to give them Strongid again tonight, and when they hit 1-1/2 pounds, they and their Mom will get Drontal.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

So much better. All are gaining weight, and doing great. 3 were moved to a new foster home Tuesday, after a vet visit. I still have 3 with their Mom. I'm going to give them Strongid again tonight, and when they hit 1-1/2 pounds, they and their Mom will get Drontal.
I am so glad to hear that they are all doing well.
You sound like you have a good worming schedule down.