5 week Kitten frequently pooping diarrhea

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi my male kitten who used to be perfectly healthy started pooping diarrhea like stool frequently little by little
He had some fleas on him. Do you think he got worms? How can I treat him when he can't be on most medication? Should I separate him from other kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You should also be able to take a stool sample (sans kitten) to the vet to check for parasites. Just call your vet and make sure they will do this - most will.

The other thing to consider is if you have made any recent changes to the kittens' food that is only affecting him.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should also be able to take a stool sample (sans kitten) to the vet to check for parasites. Just call your vet and make sure they will do this - most will.

The other thing to consider is if you have made any recent changes to the kittens' food that is only affecting him.
No he was on same kibnle for almost a week now and he had normal well formed stool up until yesterday evening

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No he was on same kibnle for almost a week now and he had normal well formed stool up until yesterday evening
You would think it wouldn't take but a couple of days on a kitten for a food change to pose a problem, but it has been known to take longer on grown cats. It might be something else that he has gotten into around the house, since he is apparently pretty mobile.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You would think it wouldn't take but a couple of days on a kitten for a food change to pose a problem, but it has been known to take longer on grown cats. It might be something else that he has gotten into around the house, since he is apparently pretty mobile.
So you think it is internal obstruction? He might have eaten the litter, because I use recycled paper one
He is still eating very well

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So you think it is internal obstruction? He might have eaten the litter, because I use recycled paper one. He is still eating very well
Unless he ate more of it than I can even imagine, I doubt that would cause an obstruction. Get the stool checked, and also discuss the whole situation with a vet.

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If your kitten has fleas, then he probably has tapeworms. You've posted previously about your kittens having both diarrhoea and fleas and were given good advice then. Ask your vet for a dewormer that's safe for kittens and please sort out your flea problem.

How many litters has your poor cat had now? Please get her spayed.